• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do ?

Evening All,

In the summer, Benes Invoicing and Ltd and Family will be visiting the folks over the bridge in the FoD.

These days when we visit the UK we normally fly in to Gatwick, rent a car, drive up to the smoke, stay at the Travel Lodge in Covent Garden (they do a fantastic all you can eat English breakfast) and take in the sights, go to Hamleys etc, dinner in China Town and then the next day go museums and sites of interest and then drive across to the West Country. And then fly out from Brisl and leave the rental car there.

I've got the Travel Lodge booked, but after three attacks this year, two of which were in central London, even though I am a die hard won't change my behavior because of these attacks, despite all that, I am a little bit getting cold feet and thinking to forget the smoke and drive straight round the M25 and down the M4 to the West Country without spending time in the smoke.

Hence the question, what would you do ?

Give the smoke a miss on this trip, or, believe that the Government and their Agencies will have this all under control ?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last year when Germany kept getting attacked and Britain not I thought it was because our government has it under control, but now I am not so sure.

Milan in "don't want to be a coward, but it would be a shame becoming a statistic because of one's pride" mode.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 4 June 2017, 19:17.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Milan in "don't want to be a coward, but it would be a shame becoming a statistic because of one's pride" mode.
    I don't think anyone on this forum has any information on the planned terrorist activities in London or the UK for that matter. You must decide for yourself. Most of Londoners will carry on as usual. We need to get to work, kids need to go to school, etc. You're always welcome, just mind the gap and don't talk to us on the Tube.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Attacks will stop after May wins election ...

Comment

I'd do exactly what you always do. Never give in to the bastards, enjoy your holiday.

Statistically speaking, you've more chance of being nibbled to death by an Okapi* than being part of a terrorist plot.

* Even if this is not true, it might as well be.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Make sure your will is up to date...

Comment

Go and enjoy London. The terrorists will attack any UK city or airport (apart from Glasgow airport), and you are more likely to be struck by lightning than be involved in a terrorist attack.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Last year when Germany kept getting attacked and Britain not I thought it was because our government has it under control, but now I am not so sure.

Wuss !

Didn't you visit some car show in Essen recently ignoring the attacks in Germany?

MTFU
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've got the Travel Lodge booked, but after three attacks this year, two of which were in central London, even though I am a die hard won't change my behavior because of these attacks, despite all that, I am a little bit getting cold feet and thinking to forget the smoke and drive straight round the M25 and down the M4 to the West Country without spending time in the smoke.
                FFS!!! Why not ask for your rental car to be plastered with white feathers? That way even the most cold-hearted terrorist will leave you well alone as they will realize you are a quivering shandypants.

Failing that, maybe get Whorty to ride shotgun? He has already informed the forum that in a crisis he knows exactly what he would do, and it makes Chuck Norris look like Flashman!!

Honest to God........are you fooking French??
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Ok it took me a minute to work out mtfu

Yeah was in Essen with friends without wife and children

Walking around the sites of central London, Tower Bridge is on our list this time, with the wife and children takes the risk to a new dimension compared to just worrying about one's self

So less of the mtfu

Milan

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    FFS!!! Why not ask for your rental car to be plastered with white feathers? That way even the most cold-hearted terrorist will leave you well alone as they will realize you are a quivering shandypants.

Failing that, maybe get Whorty to ride shotgun? He has already informed the forum that in a crisis he knows exactly what he would do, and it makes Chuck Norris look like Flashman!!

Honest to God........are you fooking French??
                    oh dear the arm chair warriors are out tonight

well, I guess we should give it a miss

because when the losers are calling me a wimp it's time to do the opposite of what they are saying

Milan

Comment

Working...
                    X