• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    eh ?

you lost me

Milan.
    If you're driving in the smoke, don't cross the median or put the satnav in shortest distance mode.

Comment

I've got an 8 year old TomTom without updates, last two times it took us from Gatwick up the motorway and then the old roads into central London and right through Brixton past Brixton underground station.

That was fun

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        eh ?

you lost me

Milan.
        Mean is a statistical measure (as is median and mode). You said you didn't want to be a statistic, so I suggested you stop being mean.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Our dear leaders say we should carry on regardless. Easy for them to say when security for them has been doubled.

Is this a case of "enough is enough" or "we are all in this together"?

Comment

I'd just carry on with your plans. It's fair to reassess this sort of trip when you're potentially taking your family into danger, but your biggest threat is probably driving down the M4 westwards, especially the first 50 miles or so. Once you're well past Slough and reading then the number of idiots seems to drop significantly, strangely enough.

Sitting in an office in London this morning everything seems really quite normal. Ok, my train was on time, and that's pretty unusual, but otherwise...

Comment

Working...
            X