• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grabri View Post
    In all of this we should not lose sight of the fact that FGM has much more of an impact on young girls. The practice of mutilation of children by any religion should be banned in any decent society.
    So, no piercings, tattoos, etc, until they are old enough to vote?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Perhaps a little younger than 18 for ears pierced. Perhaps 16.

Don't you have to be 18 for tattoos.

FGM is illegal and there is a strong case for MGM to also be illegal.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How dare you repress African culture.
        He's having corn rows next week!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Until they are old enough to give consent and fully understand the consequences.. I don't know what age that should be.

Comment

.. and remember that there is no such thing as a muslim/Christian/jewish/etc.. child. Only the indoctrinated child of muslim/Christian/jewish/etc... parents

Comment

.. and remember that there is no such thing as a muslim/Christian/jewish/etc.. child. Only the indoctrinated child of muslim/Christian/jewish/etc... parents
              You left out Tory, Labour, anti-vaxxer, anti climate change, anti science, etc

If you have someone who is brought up to believe that Man Utd are the best and Man City are scum, that's just being a sports fan, but it's treated like a religion.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Until they are old enough to give consent and fully understand the consequences.. I don't know what age that should be.
                same goes for baptizing. I was baptized without my consent, however symbolically. Means nothing to me but I wish I had a choice

Comment

You left out Tory, Labour, anti-vaxxer, anti climate change, anti science, etc

If you have someone who is brought up to believe that Man Utd are the best and Man City are scum, that's just being a sports fan, but it's treated like a religion.
                  Well pointed out.

Having grown up on the west coast of Scotland where Rangers/Celtic, protestant/catholic divides were the norm, I know from experience the divisions in society that this creates - thankfully I had parents who gave me space to make up my own mind.

Comment

I was raised an agnostic. It didn't stick. I had to play outside while all my mates went to Sunday School.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      As the Catholic (Universal) church believes & preaches it was founded by Jesus then that is 2000 years ago, the basic form was there.

The Roman name came later but it was the same organisation...
                      It's stretching a point to try and identify the "Holy Catholic" church with the "Roman Catholic" church.

As you mentioned, the first is a generic expression and unites practically every Christian sect by apostolic succession of their priests and ministers from Christ and the original apostles.

The second is just one, albeit popular and widespread, denomination with the Bishop of Rome at its head.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X