• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The practice of mutilating a child - no matter how, whether outwardly visible or not - should be stopped. It doesn't matter whether it is for "religious" grounds or not.
    If a mother thinks it's a good idea to get (or let) a 5 year old have a tattoo that says "I love my dad", in my opinion that is not a good idea.
    If a father wants their child to have their ears pierced at 2 years old, it's not because the child has asked for it, but because the parent has forced/projected their desires onto the child.

So, my comment was that it should not be allowed until a time when a child is considered old enough to make sensible decisions on their own. I suggested the voting age.
    Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
      Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...
      Yes, totally in agreement. FGM should not be trivialised. It is a horrific form of branding/maiming.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Indeed it is

some facts

Female genital mutilation (FGM) frequently asked questions | UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund

Comment

Working...
        X