Enough is Enough Enough is Enough - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Posts 151 to 153 of 153

Still gathering requirements...

grabri is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    The practice of mutilating a child - no matter how, whether outwardly visible or not - should be stopped. It doesn't matter whether it is for "religious" grounds or not.
    If a mother thinks it's a good idea to get (or let) a 5 year old have a tattoo that says "I love my dad", in my opinion that is not a good idea.
    If a father wants their child to have their ears pierced at 2 years old, it's not because the child has asked for it, but because the parent has forced/projected their desires onto the child.

So, my comment was that it should not be allowed until a time when a child is considered old enough to make sensible decisions on their own. I suggested the voting age.
    Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by grabri View Post
    Looks like we are in agreement then, and you weren't trying to trivialise my comment by comparing FGM with ear-piercing after all...
    Yes, totally in agreement. FGM should not be trivialised. It is a horrific form of branding/maiming.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge