• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we need more (fire) armed police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we need more (fire) armed police?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Nope.

Next
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nope.

Next
      Population increasing - armed police decreasing.

Feel less safe every day.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Not sure that we do need many more. Carrying a firearm is a hefty responsibility and it is not suited to everyone.

I very much doubt that a large increase in armed police is ever likely to reduce their response time much below the 8 minutes we saw last saturday night.

And it may introduce other problems that negate any benefits.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes.

All 3-5+ years police officers should be trained and issued firearms in event of emergency, this is how you get large number of armed police when you need it.

Even better - allow willing, honest taxpayers to have license to carry firearms and assist police in the event of emergency.

Put me down for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...
          Last edited by AtW; 5 June 2017, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Put me down for a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...
            Hey Just what you see pal.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Put me down for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range...
              Alexei, I wouldn't put you in charge of the TV controller.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No way, i know some police officers and I'm not entirely certain they should be trusted with anything more than pepper spray..

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  WTF Fake news!!!!

Saint Theresa said Tory Scum Govt increased armed police counts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    No way, i know some police officers and I'm not entirely certain they should be trusted with anything more than pepper spray..
                    You say that because they know you ...

Comment

Working...
                    X