• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Looking After Users As Per Usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on 128 bit only OS

Comment

The only App that dies for me is my Remote Access Soft Token for work. Guess my evenings and weekends will be easier post iOS 11
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        The only App that dies for me is my Remote Access Soft Token for work. Guess my evenings and weekends will be easier post iOS 11
        If you were that important they'd give you a new phone...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Why would anyone on this forum be running a 4 year old phone? AYCOTBAC?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I recently got an iphone5s from iphone4s. I could have had an iphone6s. However 5s is smaller and lighter which is what counts.

At least my ipad air is unaffected.

Next time I upgrade it will be anything other than apple. They have a huge contempt for users. You can see it in the film Steve Jobs. What a .

And let alone the decision to remove game centre from version 10!

If I ever decide to ditch windows it will be to linux.

I have been so chilled over the last 3-6 months. Despite HMRC harrassing me. I think I need a lie down.....
            your 5s is unaffected its the previous models that won't work.

Also there is a more modern smaller iPhone 5 size iPhone - its called the iPhone SE...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              WTF? Will you lot stop making up acronyms PLEASE. Google sends me straight back here.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                Actually mine is more like six years old, but it took me about three and a half years to get it set up just how I want it, and I'm buggered if I'm going to trust the pile of crap that is Itunes to duplicate everything on a new phone. So I'm going to wait until this one dies and buy something that ISN'T an Iphone.
                So if you're reading this, people from Apple, you thundering polechoking cockwombles, you can suck my plums if you like, but you're never getting another drop of blood out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  So if you're reading this, people from Apple, you thundering polechoking cockwombles, you can suck my plums if you like, but you're never getting another drop of blood out of me.
                  I like to think, somewhere in California, that will spoil someones day

Comment

4-5 year old devices won't get OS upgrade, I'm confident that all the disillusioned fans will jump right into Android where the average age for getting OS update is like 1-2 years for Android overall and 2-3 years for the Android flagship models, shockingly bad decision by Apple...

Everything without TouchID and ApplePay/NFC is already obsolete, not getting an iOS update to slow down the old devices is more of a bonus, than downside.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Actually mine is more like six years old, but it took me about three and a half years to get it set up just how I want it, and I'm buggered if I'm going to trust the pile of crap that is Itunes to duplicate everything on a new phone. So I'm going to wait until this one dies and buy something that ISN'T an Iphone.
                      And you think Android will do a better job of transferring your setting between handsets?

You know that you can do the restore from iCloud/iTunes to a new device, return it if you don't like the results, while still keeping your original device running don't you?

Comment

Working...
                      X