• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Looking After Users As Per Usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2011 Macbook Pro is still used every day, although now classed as ancient so looks like I will be upgrading soon
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      And you think Android will do a better job of transferring your setting between handsets?
      Probably not, but I'll have a choice of handsets, and not forced into using whatever Apple choose for me.

Originally posted by sal View Post
      You know that you can do the restore from iCloud/iTunes to a new device, return it if you don't like the results, while still keeping your original device running don't you?
      I've had quite enough of Itunes, thanks. Life's just too short
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Bring on 128 bit only OS
        or a 50-qbit OS
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Me too. And when it dies, I won't be getting another iPhone.
          Praise the Lord - Someone else who has seen the light! Alleluyah!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Probably not, but I'll have a choice of handsets, and not forced into using whatever Apple choose for me.

Why you'll never have the latest version of Android
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My brother was pretty much an Apple Fanboi for many years, being a Graphic Designer.

Certainly sings a different tune now
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don't run Android 4.1 - should I be worried?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This is a valid point and it's your right. For me the OS/Platform is much more important than how my handset looks.

Being using Apple products for over 5 years and plan to keep using them in the near future, never had the need to use iTunes.

Comment

Why you'll never have a link to the latest up-to-date news....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      My brother was pretty much an Apple Fanboi for many years, being a Graphic Designer.

Certainly sings a different tune now
                      I would go out on a limb and say that his view changed because of the last year's MBP debacle, with that one Apple really shot themselves in the foot. The newly announced iMac Pro is yet another show of overconfidence that is about to be shattered. Non-upgradable workstation that starts at $5000... Fool me once (Mac Pro 2013 with next to no refreshes) shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

But on the mobiles front they are still going strong, although the true innovation (or at least popularization of someone else's ideas) died with Jobs. Let's see what the anniversary iPhone will bring to the table this autumn.

Comment

Working...
                      X