• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeez - cost of kids parties!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cake covered in smarties, some buns, jelly and ice cream, some sandwiches. Bit of pass the parcel, musical chairs etc. Slice of cake to take home. How much can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      £16 a head FFS. Wife organised it and briefly said she was going to invite all the kids in daughters class so no-one is left out. I was thinking 20 kids max with half of them not going.
      Theres 42 of them!

Not cheap. Told Mrs RSVP and no reply means not coming. I'm praying for a good few nos!

Remember when son was younger. Surely if you go to a party you but the kid a present? We always spend £10-£15 whenever daughter goes. I remember the number of people who strolled in with a 99p sticker still on the card. I did threaten to check presents at door with no present=no admission policy :-)

And dont get me started on those who say they're going then dont turn up - even though they know its cost you money.
      Sounds more like the parents are the problem here, not the cost per head of the party.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
        A cake covered in smarties, some buns, jelly and ice cream, some sandwiches. Bit of pass the parcel, musical chairs etc. Slice of cake to take home. How much can it be?
        That's exactly the way to do it. But to be fair to PC, since the Bedroom Tax came in, he's not got the space at home, so he needs to either hire the community centre or rely on the weather in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
          We generally spend about £500 for a party. A lot of people won't respond until the day or will just turn up

You don't realise how much people lack common courtesy until you try and organise a kids party
          Numbers needed 3 days beforehand to give the venue. If they choose to just turn up I wont be funny about it but there will really be bugger all I can do about it. The venue wont have cooked enough food.

If they reply day before it'll be "sorry - too late" or if they just turn up then they will be able to pay to get their child in (without food) - its a play centre.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Sounds more like the parents are the problem here, not the cost per head of the party.
            NLUK - you can come if you want?

Comment

When is the do? Just wondering how many days of utter drivel we have to endure.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                That's exactly the way to do it. But to be fair to PC, since the Bedroom Tax came in, he's not got the space at home, so he needs to either hire the community centre or rely on the weather in the park.
                Plenty of room in my Valleys mansion (that costs less than a bedsit in the tulipehole called london).

Comment

I'll post some pics afterwards. If you're lucky I'll slip in a few selfie naked shots too....

Comment

Then there's the aftermath.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      NLUK - you can come if you want?
                      But not on the carpet if you please. It's taken years to house train him.

Comment

Working...
                      X