• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa's terror network

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Unless the government takes terrorism seriously, in which case it must be published so that the problems can be addressed.
    That rather depends on one's definition of "seriously" though, doesn't it? Seriously enough to majorly piss off the Saudis? I can't see that happening, can you?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Tom from Stevenage gets my vote.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        He was born in Morocco, so almost certainly NOT a refugee at any point. Once he had Italian citizenship he was free to travel and live within the EU. The Italians say they told the UK authorities he had tried to go to Syria, so someone in the security services has some awkward questions to answer.
        Indeed. Freedom of movement is not absolute and countries can block individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Saudi is not one homogenous state. It has radicals and moderates. Is it not the case that the moderates rule over the radicals, with a fragile enforced stalemate of ideology.
          Perhaps the report would shed light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Saudi is not one homogenous state. It has radicals and moderates. Is it not the case that the moderates rule over the radicals, with a fragile enforced stalemate of ideology.
            Probably. In Riyadh I once saw the Muttawa religious police rounding up people with canes to get them in the mosque.

Then, on a Wednesday night, you'd see all the locals queuing to get into Bahrain to get pissed and go whoring.

Comment

So what's going on with the inquiry into foreign funding of extremism?
              I blame BrExit

Comment

Did the third terrorist arrive in the UK to seek asylum?
                I'm assuming he is an Italian passort holder...

<didn't read previous posts on this discussion> but yes, I think this will be pulled apart in the investigation and used as a good reason to restrict EU freedom of movement
                Last edited by grabri; 6 June 2017, 12:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                  Probably. In Riyadh I once saw the Muttawa religious police rounding up people with canes to get them in the mosque.

Then, on a Wednesday night, you'd see all the locals queuing to get into Bahrain to get pissed and go whoring.
                  One of my colleagues, a Lebanese Christian, had this experience with the muttawa - he wasn't impressed. I was lucky all I had was mis-timing my dinner with evening call to prayer and sitting on my own in an Indian restaurant with the lights turned out and the curtains drawn, for fear of a visit from the muttawa.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
                    I'm assuming he is an Italian passort holder...

<didn't read previous posts on this discussion> but yes, I think this will be pulled apart in the investigation and used as a good reason to restrict EU freedom of movement
                    Unless the UK plans to pull out of the Common Travel Area with Ireland (which it doesn't), it won't stop any EU citizens coming into Ireland and then over the border. The answer is not to confuse the issue with freedom of movement but for the British (and of course Irish) government to at least use existing powers now to stop non-UK nationals who are known to the authorities from entering the Common Travel Area.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I blame BrExit
                      And you are of course right in part.

As Theresa May flies out to Saudi Arabia, we should beware of Britain's new Brexit allies | The Independent

If the UK is going to be independent of the EUSSR, then it must hold its nose and find new friends and partners elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X