• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking personally on Corbyn...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
    To be fair i can handle the tax increase as most of us contractors can i assume. ...
    I wouldn't be too sure, because one way or another tax increases for "the few" will soon filter down to higher prices and interest rates for "the many".
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I wouldn't be too sure, because one way or another tax increases for "the few" will soon filter down to higher prices and interest rates for "the many".
      That's already baked in by Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Eh?

If you're an employee you won't pay employer's NI, and you will get holiday and sick pay etc. So you should vote for him.
        That's the point. We won't be employees - we will be contractors with no rights or benefits paying the same taxes as employees. It'll basically be the same as it is in the public sector right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
          That's the point. We won't be employees - we will be contractors with no rights or benefits paying the same taxes as employees. It'll basically be the same as it is in the public sector right now.
          So you'll need to charge more.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            And this is the other thing that gets me. Why have such a divisive view? Maybe i am being pedantic but even if it was For the many not "just" the few it would seem more inclusive. Right now it looks like they are telling the few to bend over and take it.

Comment

And this is the other thing that gets me. Why have such a divisive view? Maybe i am being pedantic but even if it was For the many not "just" the few it would seem more inclusive. Right now it looks like they are telling the few to bend over and take it.
              The many are already bending over and taking it. Now it is the turn of the higher earners to share the pleasure. Obviously the very rich can't be expected to help out so they will be exempt from Tory and Labour plans.

Comment

If "the few" get taxed more, they want to make sure they maintain their overall position at the top of the tree by taking it out on "the many".

It's an entitlement attitude by the top 5% that needs to happen, akin to Scandinavia. The Brit attitude is to keep as much of it as you can, and fsck the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  The many are already bending over and taking it. Now it is the turn of the higher earners to share the pleasure.
                  Not sure i agree. We pay plenty of tax as it is. The impression this "not the few" policy gives is that us lot laugh all the way to the bank and just chill the rest of the time.

It is the politics of envy and is not healthy.

Comment

Not sure i agree. We pay plenty of tax as it is. The impression this "not the few" policy gives is that us lot laugh all the way to the bank and just chill the rest of the time.

It is the politics of envy and is not healthy.
                    Outside IR35 contractors really don't pay much tax.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      So you'll need to charge more.
                      You mean along with everyone else? Heard of market forces?

Comment

Working...
                      X