• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour’s manifesto proposals could be just what the economy needs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour’s manifesto proposals could be just what the economy needs

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...P=share_btn_tw

Oh but the snowflakes on CUK want to vote for a strong and stable weakliing.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Wow that's a lot of economists.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The Guardian said vote Labour so the Tories will win.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That article is just vague opinion, no facts. An opposite opinion here has rather more argument to it:

Corbyn's plans could destroy our economy

Maybe, as I keep saying, we need to look at case histories for these sorts of policies. Look at the basket case Venezuela. I hope Corbyn isn't quite as nutty as that but, nearer home, look what Hollande did for the French economy.

Talking about spending on the economy sounds good superficially until you think how it's paid for, by higher business taxes that slow the economy, by higher personal taxes that erode incentive. And when it comes to how the money is spent in improving the economy, who should we have most confidence in, the government and its civil servants who have never run a business, or the businessmen who know their own markets?

Increase the power of the state and al that is guaranteed to increase is corruption and the imposition of misguided zealotry.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Korbyn is a kretin.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Korbyn is a kretin.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Korbyn is a kretin
              Wasn't there some science fiction tale that had monsters called Kretons or summit like that?
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Wasn't there some science fiction tale that had monsters called Kretons or summit like that?
                No

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Korbyn is a kretin.
                  You've seen the light! Hallelujah!!!
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No
                    Yes there was!

Major Stryker (Video Game) - TV Tropes

Ok it was a game not a story.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X