• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diane Abbott is "ill"? Yeah, right.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Did Labour really do well? They are still 50 seats short. The vote for Corbyn was no better than the 2010 Brown campaign, which was considered a total disaster.
    Of course they did well. It's all relative, Gordon Brown was in power and lost a lot of seats, so it was a disaster relative to where they started.

This tie round, tories were aiming for (and polls indicated) a landslide when the elections was called. Instead, they've lost seats and labour gained and the Tories are in a far weaker position than before.

Comment

The Tory government is basically a corpse on life support. Governments always lose support over their lifetime, and this government won't be able to do anything other than simply keep itself in power and pass innocuous budgets until eventually they lose enough by-elections to be voted out. In the meantime the NHS crisis will grow and wages will be squeezed further. There is not a single Trade deal in sight and no other country is interested in wasting their time, knowing the government won't be able to push anything through parliament. A lame-duck PM without a government programme will simply lead to a gradual bleeding of support to Labour who need do nothing other than appear optimistic. They already have a manifesto, there will be no "bombshells" in the tabloid press, because they have spent all their ammunition.

be afraid, be very afraid......

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        So the NHS site is wrong then?
        incomplete

Study uncovers why statins increase diabetes risk and offers solution - Medical News Today

Still, the researchers, who have published their findings in the journal Diabetes, were confused as to why diabetes was linked to statin use.

"Recently, an increased risk of diabetes has been added to the warning label for statin use," says lead author Jonathan Schertzer, assistant professor of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, and Canadian Diabetes Association Scholar.
        Statin side effects: Weigh the benefits and risks - Mayo Clinic

It's possible your blood sugar (blood glucose) level may increase when you take a statin, which may lead to developing type 2 diabetes. The risk is small but important enough that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning on statin labels regarding blood glucose levels and diabetes.
        its fairly new research. No I am not blaming it for mine, other medical conditions, stress & sedentary lifestyle caused it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Of course they did well. It's all relative, Gordon Brown was in power and lost a lot of seats, so it was a disaster relative to where they started.

This tie round, tories were aiming for (and polls indicated) a landslide when the elections was called. Instead, they've lost seats and labour gained and the Tories are in a far weaker position than before.
          Two very different things doing well and expectations.

If this were the 2015 result Cameron would have had none of the abuse.

It should be noted that the polls were wrong from the outset with Conservative's lead being nowhere near as high as first indicated. The mistake being the weighted value for turnout based on age. The youth vote was there from the outset. That's not to say May didn't stumble the whole way through this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            So the NHS site is wrong then?
            The NHS site are incomplete for lots of diseases. The reason for it is they try and dumb down the information but they go to far in lots of cases.

So if you find one you should email the editors and point out what is missing with evidence via link to other well regarded medical/charity sites if possible.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

its fairly new research. No I am not blaming it for mine, other medical conditions, stress & sedentary lifestyle caused it.
              Not that new.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Diabetes Type 2, so hardly a massive issue.

Diane Abbott reveals diabetes forced her to stand down | Daily Mail Online

Don't wish the lady ill but it does seem to be a bit of an excuse with 6% of the population suffering (Including me).
                As I said she's just an attention seeking drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  A bit like you then.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And they need to keep building on this rather than trying to force another GE that no one currently wants. They need to keep pressure on Tories and ensure the Brexit negotiations are cross party and not just Tory/DUP.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Lord give me strength.
                      Take some time to look up the side effects of Type 2. Hopefully that will put an end to your nonsense talk.
                      It may not be as bad as Type 1 in that in many cases it can be cured, but it can be bad enough. Both types run in my family. We've had blindness, amputations, early death.
                      Theresa May has type 1. I would go so far as to say her diabetes may be behind some of her questionable decisions, behaviour and maybe even some of her debate dodging. She was diagnosed late in life so she's probably still adjusting.

Comment

Working...
                      X