• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to declare State of Emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I have a desire to live without fear of terrorism.
    Then you'd better be voting tomorrow for a party that doesn't consider Saudi Arabia as an important ally, who have failed with their Home Office policies for several years, and have Foreign Office policies that need to be reviewed as they don't appear to be working particularly well.

But based on your other posts today, it seems like your solution is to round people up, based on their religion and put them somewhere that they can have freedom through work.
    Or is that not what you are suggesting?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      To my untrained eye, neighbourhood policing sounds important when it comes to linking in with the community when concerns are raised - e.g. the Manchester bomber flying an ISIS flag.
      The 7/7 bombers had thrown away packaging that indicated some of the bomb making equipment. People saw it near their house / flat but didn't know who to to speak to about it because there was nobody in the neighbourhood to talk to about it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Does anyone REALLY imagine that a few more uniformed Police breezing around largely Muslim ghettoes is going to make one iota of difference to fundamentalist activities, and reduce the number of terrorist attacks?

Of course it won't, the solutions to these problems are a bit more subtle than that.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Then you'd better be voting tomorrow for a party that doesn't consider Saudi Arabia as an important ally, who have failed with their Home Office policies for several years, and have Foreign Office policies that need to be reviewed as they don't appear to be working particularly well.

But based on your other posts today, it seems like your solution is to round people up, based on their religion and put them somewhere that they can have freedom through work.
          Or is that not what you are suggesting?
          Increasing the number of the police will not influence foreign policy - none of us on here actually know what goes on behind closed doors between UK governments (be the Labour, Tory or MRLP) and other countries.

However if you are saying we need more police to help combat terrorism they we need to concentrate those resources in the areas which are know to be breeding groups for radicalisation and extremism.

Which areas they are I will leave other to comment on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            The 7/7 bombers had thrown away packaging that indicated some of the bomb making equipment. People saw it near their house / flat but didn't know who to to speak to about it because there was nobody in the neighbourhood to talk to about it.
            If only it had dawned on these eagle-eyed samaritans to perhaps call 999 as a first option?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              when no terror attacks have been performed by middle class white people in the UK in living memory?
              If 1996 doesn't count as living memory (or even 1987), when were you born?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                If only it had dawned on these eagle-eyed samaritans to perhaps call 999 as a first option?
                "I've seen some packaging in the street" must be a high priority 999 call
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

If 1996 doesn't count as living memory (or even 1987), when were you born?
                  Ah.....the old comparing of apples with bananas strategy.

Comment

"I've seen some packaging in the street" must be a high priority 999 call
                    Well according to YOU it would have been a high enough priority to alert your local Bobby to it had he been passing.

Make your mind up.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Ah.....the old comparing of apples with bananas strategy.
                      I'm sure what you post makes sense when you type it, but I have no idea what it means when I read it.

If my post was too subtle for you, I'll rephrase - there have been terror attacks committed by middle class people in the UK within living memory. To suggest otherwise implies either ignorance or someone quite young.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X