• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to declare State of Emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So if we had more police we could do more stop and search/spot checks on lets say people who look like Muslims and who go to places know to be where Muslims go to meet?

I think when that was tried there were screams of racism and victimisation.

So yes I am all for spending more money on an anti terrorist squad specifically targeting the muslim community as that is 'the group of people' where the perpetrators of the last two attacks claim to come from.

How does that sit with you?
    No, you're twisting arguments to suit your agenda. As was said by others - more police working in communities means that they have a better chance of spotting, catching, reacting to and investigating people flying ISIS flags, etc.

You don't need policemen to go around measuring the length of people's beards and telling them they need to wear a star on their arm.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

France has been in a 'state of emergency' since the Paris attacks in 2015. Sounds like May is proposing same here.

Was over in Paris last year for some of the Euro 2016 and while there was loads of army outside the Eiffel Tower fanzone otherwise it was very much business as usual. Was in there for the Wales v England game and it was a riot, in the good way.

So if this change allows them the freedom to clamp down on the evil brainwashed scum then I see no problem. It's when they use these attacks as an excuse to further a different agenda that it all gets a bit dodgy.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

So if we had more police we could do more stop and search/spot checks on lets say people who look like Muslims and who go to places know to be where Muslims go to meet?

So yes I am all for spending more money on an anti terrorist squad specifically targeting the muslim community as that is 'the group of people' where the perpetrators of the last two attacks claim to come from.

Watch this:

http://metro.co.uk/video/gmp-inspect.../?ito=vjs-link

It's about community policing - the grass roots communications and presence within communities that gathers intelligence.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          No, you're twisting arguments to suit your agenda. As was said by others - more police working in communities means that they have a better chance of spotting, catching, reacting to and investigating people flying ISIS flags, etc.

You don't need policemen to go around measuring the length of people's beards and telling them they need to wear a star on their arm.
          Why spend time and money putting more police on the streets of leafy burbs containing middle class white people

when no terror attacks have been performed by middle class white people in the UK in living memory?

Do not just spend money on a blanket solution when you need a targeted solution - it is weak and will not achieve the goal you set out to achieve.

Comment

Why spend time and money putting more police on the streets of leafy burbs containing middle class white people
            Because they are fooking paying for it with high taxes?

Good enough reason in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Because they are fooking paying for it with high taxes?

Good enough reason in my book.
              Yes but they would prefer to be able to go to a large city without the fear of some nutter from a non leafy burn who is potentially or almost certainly a muslim from a mainly muslim community committing an act of terrorism - so police those communities better.

Comment

when no terror attacks have been performed by middle class white people in the UK in living memory?

Do not just spend money on a blanket solution when you need a targeted solution - it is weak and will not achieve the goal you set out to achieve.
                Again, you are twisting the argument. Who said police would only be put into leafy suburbs?
                Is that like saying "there's no bad people living in middle England, they all live in poor slums"
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Again, you are twisting the argument. Who said police would only be put into leafy suburbs?
                  Is that like saying "there's no bad people living in middle England, they all live in poor slums"
                  The point I am trying to make is that we do not need more police in leafy burbs so do not spend the money there.

Spend the money policing the areas where the problems are known to come from.

How am I twisting the argument - I have no desire for more police on the streets I have a desire to live without fear of terrorism.

And putting more police on the streets != less terrorism

Comment

You're probably to young to remember SUS (stopped many a time) and anyway I was just pointing out that May was warned about police cuts
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      You're probably to young to remember SUS (stopped many a time) and anyway I was just pointing out that May was warned about police cuts
                      Yes but the point is we know where the terrorist come from, we know in general what they dress like and we know in general where they will go to congregate - so referencing the Vagrancy Act 1824 is possibly legitimate.

I know that it is a very small minority who are committing the terrorist attacks but if that community will not call them out - and by that I do not mean call a terrorist hotline I mean make a citizens arrest and ensure they are passed to police custody.

Also sadly the UK police is hampered by a ridiculous level of 'politic scheming' so it would not surprise me to find things overlooked and blamed on 'the reduction in police budgets' when it is fook all to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X