• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May to declare State of Emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May to declare State of Emergency

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...an-rights-laws

Yikes!

Because nothing tells the terrorists who threaten our rights and way of life like declaring a state of emergency and removing our human rights...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

For the record I think it is a mistake about dropping the ECHR, but having said that surely 3 terror attacks in 3 months and our threat level set to 'you spilt my pint' is strong evidence of a state of emergency?
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        For the record I think it is a mistake about dropping the ECHR, but having said that surely 3 terror attacks in 3 months and our threat level set to 'you spilt my pint' is strong evidence of a state of emergency?
        So for how long a period do you think the State of Emergency should be imposed?

Comment

https://youtu.be/E06cNv55jTs?t=38
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

This is all further evidence that she is making it up as she goes along.. an unnecessary knee-jerk reaction to make her seem 'strong and stable' while deflecting from the policy of cutting police and security budgets over the last 7 years.

Is there anything left of the Tory manifesto that hasn't been reversed?

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
              This is all further evidence that she is making it up as she goes along.. an unnecessary knee-jerk reaction to make her seem 'strong and stable' while deflecting from the policy of cutting police and security budgets over the last 7 years.

Is there anything left of the Tory manifesto that hasn't been reversed?
              Really? Isn't it just Lynton Crosby dog-whistle politics to make sure more of the UKIP vote goes to the Tories?

Comment

A terrorist is anyone who does not vote Tory.

HTH

Comment

Woah! Hang on just a mo.

That article doesn't say she _has_ declared a state of emergency, only that she "would" do such and such "if" she did.

Talk about last moment blatant dog whistle politics from a leftie rag.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Woah! Hang on just a mo.

That article doesn't say she _has_ declared a state of emergency, only that she "would" do such and such "if" she did.

Talk about last moment blatant dog whistle politics from a leftie rag.
                    Woah! Hang on just a mo.

This thread doesn't say she _has_ declared a state of emergency.

Talk about last moment blatant cretinism from a Brexiteer.

Comment

Working...
                    X