• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May reduces border security budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because that is what we want:

Border security budget to fall by £2 million, Theresa May confirms
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    From the 20/4/2016..........................I know you are a bit slow but do at least try and keep within a calendar year of the rest of us!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Seems fair enough. Anyone who actually wants to enter the UK now must be up to no good.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        From the 20/4/2016..........................I know you are a bit slow but do at least try and keep within a calendar year of the rest of us!
        What about this one:

This is the reality of Theresa May's record on terror as Home Secretary | The Independent

"According to latest Home Office figures, the number of police in England and Wales fell by 18,991, or 13 per cent, between September 2010 and September 2016, when it stood at 122,859.

Within that, the number of authorised firearms officers dropped from 6,976 in March 2010 to 5,639 in March 2016"

My point is that she's responsible for cuts in security
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you're saying that this was before the Italian-Moroccan terrorist, who was on the EU watchlist, entered the UK, so it doesn't count?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-investigation

Comment

Chortle!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              So you're saying that this was before the Italian-Moroccan terrorist, who was on the EU watchlist, entered the UK, so it doesn't count?
              No, that is not what I am saying as well you know.

The fact that this incident was resolved in 8 minutes points strongly to the fact that our front-line response capability has not been undermined.

HTH BIDI
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Chickens coming home to roost now...
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

No, that is not what I am saying as well you know.

The fact that this incident was resolved in 8 minutes points strongly to the fact that our front-line response capability has not been undermined.

HTH BIDI
                  They were flagged to police before the attack, maybe cuts to police meant that the resources were not available to assess the risk and prevent the attack in the first place.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Border security isn't important, after all Brexit was nothing about having control over our borders or anything like that, so cuts to border security must be encouraged :

Shame that some on here think it's a good idea to reduce security and make sure that terrorists are free to enter the country when they want.

Once they are in the country, they are then better off with the reduced police force that the former Home Secretary pushed through, again, people voting for her are saying they are happy with that.

It is only due to the hard work of the over-stretched, under-resourced police that more people were not killed. The current government should not be praised for anything relating to great performance of the police.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X