• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May reduces border security budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    From the 20/4/2016..........................I know you are a bit slow but do at least try and keep within a calendar year of the rest of us!
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    So you're saying that this was before the Italian-Moroccan terrorist, who was on the EU watchlist, entered the UK, so it doesn't count?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-investigation
    No, that is not what I am saying as well you know.

The fact that this incident was resolved in 8 minutes points strongly to the fact that our front-line response capability has not been undermined.

HTH BIDI
    The OP made the point that the cuts in Police numbers had adversely affected security.

My point was that, the response time being so impressive suggested that the cuts in Police numbers had not really had any material impact on countering these major incidents.

Following the plot is not really one of your strong suits is it?
    So... did the OP make the point that the cuts in police numbers had adversely affected security or that the reduction in the border security budget had adversely affected security? The clue is in the thread title.

Following the plot is not really one of your strong suits is it?

Comment

So... did the OP make the point that the cuts in police numbers had adversely affected security
      Well let's see what he wrote shall we?......

What about this one:

This is the reality of Theresa May's record on terror as Home Secretary | The Independent

"According to latest Home Office figures, the number of police in England and Wales fell by 18,991, or 13 per cent, between September 2010 and September 2016, when it stood at 122,859.

Within that, the number of authorised firearms officers dropped from 6,976 in March 2010 to 5,639 in March 2016"

My point is that she's responsible for cuts in security
      QED
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well let's see what he wrote shall we?......

QED
        That wasn't in our conversation chain. See above.

Comment

That wasn't in our conversation chain. See above.
          Only because you chose to omit it though.

Did the OP clearly state what I quoted or did he not?

No point in you disingenuously cherrypicking subsets of the main thrust of his points now, is there?

Makes you look even more silly than normal
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Only because you chose to omit it though.

Did the OP clearly state what I quoted or did he not?

No point in you disingenuously cherrypicking subsets of the main thrust of his points now, is there?

Makes you look even more silly than normal
            You are now ignoring the thread of our conversation and the topic of the thread. We will have to just agree that you are a stupid cock.

Comment

You are now ignoring the direction I attempted to take the thread in. We will have to just agree that I, in tandem with the OP, am a bit of a cock.
              ftfy

Comment

Border Force resource budget will be £558.1m for 2016/17 – a cut of 0.4% on last year – but the agency gets a capital spending boost

Passport check
                Day-to-day funding for the Border Force will be cut by 0.4% in the coming year, Theresa May has announced.

The agency’s resource budget will be £558.1m for 2016/17, a reduction of 0.4% on last year.

The home secretary said spending was protected “to all intents and purposes” because capital spending on Border Force projects is set to rise by more than 40% to £68m.
                So, as usual, the OP gets his facts wrong.

Quelle surprise.

Comment

So, as usual, the OP gets his facts wrong
                  I like CUK forum to be polite, SB, it's really not acceptable to call him an Obnoxious Prat.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I like CUK forum to be polite, SB, it's really not acceptable to call him an Obnoxious Prat.
                    How about Odious Plank or Obfuscating Pillock?

Comment

Working...
                    X