• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    If she is so clever then why doesn't she prep up properly before going into interviews and not start making tulip up in the hope that she can bluff her way through. It might work when answering questions for joe public, who she can fob off. It's not going to work in a 1 on 1 interview when the person asking the questions can press her on the subject. Her last effort on Sky was terrible. It was like watching a kid at school who was pretending to have done their homework!
    When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to speak off the cuff. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Couple of points -
      1. 2 members of the Labour party known for their candid views and refusal to lie including the dear leader state she is ill.

2. As someone who was accused of faking physical illness don't go there. There are plenty of conditions until you have them you aren't aware how they can screw your life up.
      Paul Mason was castigated for saying that Theresa May might have health problems. I did find myself wondering how much her Type 1 Diabetes might have affected her decisions to take part in certain activities. It's a horrible condition which shortened my brother's life. I am not a Tory, but I'm completely in awe of her taking on such a role while living with this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        I'm sure she's faking her illness just to get attention, she is exactly the type who would do that
        You really are a deeply unpleasant person.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          This is true.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to make up same bullshoot to appease the interviewer. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.
            Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

You have clearly not listened to the interviews she has given throughout the election campaign.

Labour will get more votes then they initially would have simply because Corbyn answered the interviewer's questions without saying his punchline every second breath.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It just goes to show that, sometimes, it really doesn't matter a jot what a candidate gets up to

and

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Why, for being realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      Why, for being realistic?
                      You probably lack the insight to understand why.

Comment

Working...
                      X