We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now. We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 25

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BoredBloke View Post
    If she is so clever then why doesn't she prep up properly before going into interviews and not start making tulip up in the hope that she can bluff her way through. It might work when answering questions for joe public, who she can fob off. It's not going to work in a 1 on 1 interview when the person asking the questions can press her on the subject. Her last effort on Sky was terrible. It was like watching a kid at school who was pretending to have done their homework!
    When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to speak off the cuff. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More time posting than coding

Elliegirl has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Couple of points -
    1. 2 members of the Labour party known for their candid views and refusal to lie including the dear leader state she is ill.

2. As someone who was accused of faking physical illness don't go there. There are plenty of conditions until you have them you aren't aware how they can screw your life up.
    Paul Mason was castigated for saying that Theresa May might have health problems. I did find myself wondering how much her Type 1 Diabetes might have affected her decisions to take part in certain activities. It's a horrible condition which shortened my brother's life. I am not a Tory, but I'm completely in awe of her taking on such a role while living with this condition.

Nice But Dim

DaveB is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    I'm sure she's faking her illness just to get attention, she is exactly the type who would do that
    You really are a deeply unpleasant person.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    This is true.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    When you are a politician you can be asked anything so you need to be able to make up same bullshoot to appease the interviewer. Blair, Cameron and even Abbot when well can do this. May struggles.

You however do need to have quickly accessible notes on your major policies. This is where Abbott and Corbyn have screwed up recently.

Also if you are front bench - shadow or proper - you get less sleep as you have to react to news as it happens e.g. bombings.
    Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Maybe I am strange in that I see it as a strength that someone who is supposed to be running the country is not willing to take part in the media circus and does not have pc soundbites ready for any topic.

Not saying May is great but having some flash tw@ who has a ready answer for everything is maybe also not the answer.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post

You have clearly not listened to the interviews she has given throughout the election campaign.

Labour will get more votes then they initially would have simply because Corbyn answered the interviewer's questions without saying his punchline every second breath.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Godlike

barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

It just goes to show that, sometimes, it really doesn't matter a jot what a candidate gets up to

and

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Why, for being realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Why, for being realistic?
    You probably lack the insight to understand why.