• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need to talk about Diane Abbott. Now.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017...licit-content/

I disagree with some of the stuff she spouts but she has done a lot in her time. I met her as a person when she attended my grandfather's funeral (held at the Royal Hospital Chelsea as he was a Chelsea Pensioner) and found her as a person to be quite honest, funny and approachable. It was quite an interesting day as not only was she there but also Eric Pickles and a number of other national and local politicians from across the political spectrum (apart from Tony Blair as my grandfather couldn't stand him!) and in private they all got along very well...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm sure she's faking her illness just to get attention, she is exactly the type who would do that

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        No... we really don't...

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          I'm sure she's faking her illness just to get attention, she is exactly the type who would do that
          Couple of points -
          1. 2 members of the Labour party known for their candid views and refusal to lie including the dear leader state she is ill.

2. As someone who was accused of faking physical illness don't go there. There are plenty of conditions until you have them you aren't aware how they can screw your life up.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If she is so clever then why doesn't she prep up properly before going into interviews and not start making tulip up in the hope that she can bluff her way through. It might work when answering questions for joe public, who she can fob off. It's not going to work in a 1 on 1 interview when the person asking the questions can press her on the subject. Her last effort on Sky was terrible. It was like watching a kid at school who was pretending to have done their homework!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Helpful post. I think I understand you properly now. Ta muchly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                If she is so clever then why doesn't she prep up properly before going into interviews and not start making tulip up in the hope that she can bluff her way through. It might work when answering questions for joe public, who she can fob off. It's not going to work in a 1 on 1 interview when the person asking the questions can press her on the subject. Her last effort on Sky was terrible. It was like watching a kid at school who was pretending to have done their homework!
                Maybe that's why May refused to be interviewed by the usual tough interviewers and why she made herself unavailable for the TV debates. Too weak and wobbly. Tough interviews are blue jobs, she's more of a "running through wheat fields shooting foxes" kinda gal.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Helpful post. I think I understand you properly now. Ta muchly.
                  It's a pleasure

Comment

It's a pleasure
                    And a relief.

Comment

Working...
                    X