• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, Who did you vote for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I was going to draw a dick on my paper, but then I noticed there was a party which hadn't even bothered to post any lies through my door, or put up any posters on lamp posts, so I voted for them. I like their style. Doesn't make any difference really cos the same Labour guy has been MP since the 1970's.
    Our UKIP candidate is actually called Dickie Bird, just to make it clear.

Haven't done it yet, but I've decided I'm going to vote Labour for the first time in my life. Probably the party with the least bad chance of beating the Tory incumbent. I had a Tory knock at the door, and a leaflet from Labour and an independent, but no-one else. I would have hoped that the LibDems might have at least had a chance of coming second, but they don't seem to be even trying.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Regardless of the result one thing is certain.. Tories will be a whole lot weaker. And the EU will see this weakness by a country mile should them Tories remain in power. It no pretty whichever way you bake it.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Regardless of the result one thing is certain.. Tories will be a whole lot weaker. And the EU will see this weakness by a country mile should them Tories remain in power. It no pretty whichever way you bake it.
        You say that - but what if May gets a stonking majority?

Some of the polls are predicting a landslide.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Tories here - no one else is credible. Personally can't wait till it's done and all the facebook politicians stop spouting.

Comment

There are pros and cons for both parties, either way I can see us getting ****ed for some stuff and getting a bit of slack for others.

One thing that influenced me is that although Labour introduced IR35 it was the conservatives who really went to town on it in the last few years - effectively ruining my chances of working in public sector again (I do a bit of NHS MoD and local government work - now its blanket decisions *inside* for ALL contractors regardless of contract or working practices).

At the end of the day one of the things that swung it for me is the childishness of it all, name calling, tulip slinging and general knobishness.

When Jeremy became leader of the opposition in his first PM Questions session was EXACTLY what I wanted to hear, "Many told me that PMQs was too theatrical"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...deo-highlights

Ive watched PMQs often and the amount of times Ive sat and muttered "Grow the **** up" as ive heared all of the geers haws and guffawing along with the stupid questions and rebuttals - that basically swung it for me there and then, someone standing up and pointing out the ridiculous situation and saying that it needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              You say that - but what if May gets a stonking majority?

Some of the polls are predicting a landslide.
              Yeah, but most of the polls said that Hillary would win, brexit would not go ahead and Staveros Flatley would be massive stars.

Comment

Looks like the Lib-Dems are heading for a landslide.

Now that would be funny, if the Lib-Dems were to get 500 seats.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  What makes you think that? In any case, whoever wins will be stronger in at least one way - They'll have a full term to play with, and can thus take a longer term view with less need for now to worry about the next election.
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 8 June 2017, 10:54.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Own up - Who were the four mupps (so far) who've voted Liberal ?

(pound to a pinch of pigtulip they are all Remainers, making one last desperate bit to turn back the clock)
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Looks like the Lib-Dems are heading for a landslide.

Now that would be funny, if the Lib-Dems were to get 500 seats.

Yes, I think this is a reflection more of the representativeness of CUK than a shock turnaround in the polls . It's like testing the mood on twatter.

Comment

Working...
                      X