• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raising the voting age for the snowflake generation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...similar to telling some Irish people that they live in the British Isles.
    It is not a term commonly used in Ireland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...naming_dispute

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      IIRC it is policy not to send children to the front-line if possible, but it does occasionally happen for 'operational reasons'. That may have changed - would be interested if anyone knows.
      As I recall, the minimum age at which one is deemed "suitable" for frontline service is 17 years and 6 months, but it would be unusual to be sent before your 18th birthday.
      At least that is how it worked when we were bashing the Russkies in the Cold War anyway.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Not bursting my bubble at all... younger people may well be "exposed" to a lot more these days.. i can see that.. all that "quality" information on social media must certainly broaden their horizons.

And then there's Justin Bieber... a fine example of modern youth.
        Just as many youngsters now are aren't of high enough intelligence to detect fake news as there were back when you were a lad who trusted what the read in their chosen biased propaganda papers.

Looks like you lack the ability of rational reasoning. Older people aren't always wise owls, as your tone is suggesting. Most OAPs I know are stuck in the past and don't have the ability to evaluate the modern societal environment adequately, as they choose to take part in only a very small part of it, mostly due to ever decreasing confidence issues.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
          Just as many youngsters now are aren't of high enough intelligence to detect fake news as there were back when you were a lad who trusted what the read in their chosen biased propaganda papers.

Looks like you lack the ability of rational reasoning. Older people aren't always wise owls, as your tone is suggesting. Most OAPs I know are stuck in the past and don't have the ability to evaluate the modern societal environment adequately, as they choose to take part in only a very small part of it, mostly due to ever decreasing confidence issues.
          No, but often more realistic while younger people are more idealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post

Rational reasoning? Oh dear.. something you don't seem to have, given the tone of your posts.. do you have anger issues lad?

English grammar is not one of your strong points either it seems.
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
              Rational reasoning? Oh dear.. something you don't seem to have, given the tone of your posts.. do you have anger issues lad?

English grammar is not one of your strong points either it seems.
              Could you look into punctuation and capital letters, and post that again please?

Comment

Working...
              X