• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I the only one who remembers....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who remembers....

Jokari?

There was a very long length of elastic with a power ball on one end and a heavy block of wood on the other which one would set down in a quiet street or anywhere with a hard surface.

The object was to whack the ball with a wooden bat and it would fly far as the elastic would stretch before it came back for you to carry on and try and get a rally going.

Great fun it was but I can't find it anywhere.

"Long" and "wood" in the same sentence. You seem to have missed an opportunity for one of your tedious innuendos, Gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      Jokari?

There was a very long length of elastic with a power ball on one end and a heavy block of wood on the other which one would set down in a quiet street or anywhere with a hard surface.

The object was to whack the ball with a wooden bat and it would fly far as the elastic would stretch before it came back for you to carry on and try and get a rally going.

You mean this?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Never mind. Just get yourself a fidget spinner instead.

Sorted.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Never mind. Just get yourself a fidget spinner instead.

Sorted.

HTH
          Misread that. Thought you were talking about NorthernLad. ie. a Fidgetty Spanner.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I remember them, not sure that is what we called them though. All good until you whacked it hard and the elastic broke or pulled through the ball and it twatted someone.

Comment

Working...
            X