• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will the election result affect the contract market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    And another thing, I never thought in my wildest dreams that anyone apart from the Millennials in their social media bubble would vote for a party with ideas that were proven to be bankrupt 40 years ago and would want to see us return to the stone age.

I really didn't see that coming.
    I just don't know how Scandinavia and indeed many other European cities manage all these ideas? High tax, but high quality of life, clean streets, clean cheap reliable transport, good schools, good health and social care... how do they do it? They don't have more resources than the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      I just don't know how Scandinavia and indeed many other European cities manage all these ideas? High tax, but high quality of life, clean streets, clean cheap reliable transport, good schools, good health and social care... how do they do it? They don't have more resources than the UK?
      As I posted yesterday:

We can't be compared with the Nordic countries. Big countries with vast natural resources and tiny populations and, importantly, populations that don't comprise a huge "cannon fodder" demographic like ours.

Once the teat of the state had been turned on Scandi style, we'd soon be sucked dry.

Anyhow, a lot of what I read tells me that not everything is Hunky-D in Sweden these days.

Comment

And another thing, I never thought in my wildest dreams that anyone apart from the Millennials in their social media bubble would vote for a party with ideas that were proven to be bankrupt 40 years ago and would want to see us return to the stone age.

I really didn't see that coming.
        Inneresting.
        So you missed the fact that many well-off Tory-voting older people who are against Brexit had a policy of "anything but the Tories".?
        Inneresting.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm looking forward to opportunities in NI as the DUP drag spending concessions out of Westminster.

Comment

New role just released! Get your CV in now. Send to 10 Downing Street.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Inneresting.
              So you missed the fact that many well-off Tory-voting older people who are against Brexit had a policy of "anything but the Tories".?
              Inneresting.
              Nonsense. They're never going to vote for the hard left in the English Shires.

Anyhow, looking at the results the whole of the SW is blue apart from Bath, Bristol and Plymouth so I'm not to blame for any of this chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Inneresting.
                Inneresting.
                I bet in your area they still elected a Tory MP?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I bet in your area they still elected a Tory MP?
                  Yup, it's been Tory since God was a boy. His majority got slashed from 20000 to 10000 though.
                  The fact that thousands voted Labour in this constituency is mind boggling and shows that poor old Pip lives in his own bubble.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is there a "lifespan of a mayfly" joke to be made here?

Comment

Is there a "lifespan of a mayfly" joke to be made here?
                      No. Next.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X