• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time to move abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post

but, but *you voted to kick us out*

thats how we all read it, I'm affraid
    Don't make assumptions on the part of others. THat might be how YOU read it, but as reading is not your strong point it hardly matters.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

but, but *you voted to kick us out*

I didn't.

And I told the EU immigrants where I was contracting at the time I wasn't.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Don't make assumptions on the part of others. THat might be how YOU read it, but as reading is not your strong point it hardly matters.
        again,
        BREXIT ATTACK

Comment

If you want somewhere that is good for sailing most of the year, then it's not going to be "lie on a beach" weather all year round. If you want somewhere that is "lie on a beach all year round" weather, it's not going to be good sailing for most of the year.

...and then if you want to be contracting as well, you need to consider how far you're prepared to travel to get the work and how that will affect the amount of time you have to spend on the yacht or on the beach.

But you'll have researched all of that, and know the cost of a decent boat too. Something around 13m, maybe 15 years old, you should be able to pick up for about £75k for a mono. Cat would be at least twice that.
          Don't forget your berthing and boatyard fees.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            If you want somewhere that is good for sailing most of the year, then it's not going to be "lie on a beach" weather all year round. If you want somewhere that is "lie on a beach all year round" weather, it's not going to be good sailing for most of the year.

...and then if you want to be contracting as well, you need to consider how far you're prepared to travel to get the work and how that will affect the amount of time you have to spend on the yacht or on the beach.

But you'll have researched all of that, and know the cost of a decent boat too. Something around 13m, maybe 15 years old, you should be able to pick up for about £75k for a mono. Cat would be at least twice that.
            Don't forget your berthing and boatyard fees.
            Yeah I know it's expensive and nothing for today. I rather wanted to start with something small and upgrade. Are you sailing yourself? You seem knowledgeable

Comment

This country is proper f**ked.

A poorly thought out referendum forced onto an uneducated and misinformed public by the arrogant Cameron/Osborne who then scarpered at the first sign of trouble, leaving a completely incompetent and misaligned May to take the reigns. Bumbling through for the past year May then shows her greed, attempting to go for a bigger majority whilst all along keeping the same arrogant vein that Cameron/Osborne did, never thinking that her indecision and ineptitude could lead to her downfall.

I'm glad she 'lost'. And she has lost, no two-ways about it. This is a disaster for her and a further blow to the UK. What a frickin farce.

The only saving grace is that the government will now find it more difficult to pass through laws in totalitarian fashion.
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 9 June 2017, 12:29.

Comment

Yeah I know it's expensive and nothing for today. I rather wanted to start with something small and upgrade. Are you sailing yourself? You seem knowledgeable
                Get yourself fake-tanned up and bus it down to Southend - get in the arcades. Get on a 2 quid sailing simulator and then get the National Express back home after fish and chips on the pier. That's just like Brisvegas but without the racist attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I'm seriously thinking about this now, after this shambles of a vote- it's like watching the England team but worse.

I'm thinking Australia or NZ, anyone know whats it's like being a software developer there? Are we still revered and loved there?
                  Did you vote or wantBrexit?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    This country is proper f**ked.

A poorly thought out referendum forced onto an uneducated and misinformed public by the arrogant Cameron/Osborne who then scarpered at the first sign of trouble, leaving a completely incompetent and misaligned May to take the reigns. Bumbling through for the past year May then shows her greed, attemping to go for a bigger majority whilst all along keeping the same arrogant vein that Cameron/Osborne did, never thinking that her indecision and ineptitude could lead to her downfall.

I'm glad she 'lost'. And she has lost, no two-ways about it. This is a disaster for her and a further blow to the UK. What a frickin farce.

The only saving grace is that the government will now find it more difficult to pass through laws in totalitarian fashion.
                    The last bit very important - they (Tory Scum) planned tax assault again, at least now it will be more difficult - I hope party sacks her for wrong focus on hardcore Labour where as they needed to focus on core vote plus get young - Lib Dems were useful in that, screwing them over fooked Tory too

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                      Get yourself fake-tanned up and bus it down to Southend - get in the arcades. Get on a 2 quid sailing simulator and then get the National Express back home after fish and chips on the pier. That's just like Brisvegas but without the racist attacks.
                      Which part of Australia do you recommend to start business (I'm thinking tendering and consultancy )?. Or anything I can invest about half a mil AUD and turn into few millions
                      Last edited by diseasex; 9 June 2017, 11:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X