• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time to move abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of us already left. Be a good chap and turn the lights off when you leave.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Aunt and Uncle moved to Aus a few years ago, never looked back and they love it.

However she got waved in as a NICU Staff Nurse, he was a quite skilled in the UK but could only find work in a school when he got out there, YMMV
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What about moving to Greece? Work remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          Yeah I know it's expensive and nothing for today. I rather wanted to start with something small and upgrade. Are you sailing yourself? You seem knowledgeable
          I've done some sailing in my time. It's a holiday for me, so I don't live near a marina (closest one is about half an hour away).
          Get a flight, pick up a bare boat, sail for a week or two.

Make sure you've done a few charters, then go off and get qualified - start with competent crew, then move on to day skipper etc. Then start bare boat sailing. A few holidays of that and then you'll know whether it's for you or not.
          A week in the Caribbean works out about £6k for 4 people on a 40ft cat or £4K on a mono (plus flights).
          A week in Croatia could be as little as £600 for 2 people.

Stick another thousand on for a skipper (if you're not qualified) or do it as a flotilla for a bit more.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Which part of Australia do you recommend to start business (I'm thinking tendering and consultancy )?. Or anything I can invest about half a mil AUD and turn into few millions
            This is entrapment. And you ain't slick enough to pull it off kid.

But seriously. You want a 6:1 return on your money? It's funny you should ask actually because I've just potentially invested heavily in an Australian tech based superannuation fund and that kind of return is possibly well within our remit actually. Over what period of time are you looking to invest? When can you make your first payment to me? I recommend what we investors call "averaging in". Don't put it all in at once. Slide it in slowly, carefully measuring the response, until you've got it all in. You're then well on your way to your dream of that golden tan on that super yacht!

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              This is entrapment. And you ain't slick enough to pull it off kid.

But seriously. You want a 6:1 return on your money? It's funny you should ask actually because I've just potentially invested heavily in an Australian tech based superannuation fund and that kind of return is possibly well within our remit actually. Over what period of time are you looking to invest? When can you make your first payment to me? I recommend what we investors call "averaging in". Don't put it all in at once. Slide it in slowly, carefully measuring the response, until you've got it all in. You're then well on you're way to your dream of that golden tan on that super yacht!
              You are Australia based ? Where ?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I've done some sailing in my time. It's a holiday for me, so I don't live near a marina (closest one is about half an hour away).
                Get a flight, pick up a bare boat, sail for a week or two.

Make sure you've done a few charters, then go off and get qualified - start with competent crew, then move on to day skipper etc. Then start bare boat sailing. A few holidays of that and then you'll know whether it's for you or not.
                A week in the Caribbean works out about £6k for 4 people on a 40ft cat or £4K on a mono (plus flights).
                A week in Croatia could be as little as £600 for 2 people.

Stick another thousand on for a skipper (if you're not qualified) or do it as a flotilla for a bit more.
                Thanks,
                I'm planing to make international sailing ceritificate (I think it's up to 15m ) down in cornwall. Involves 5 days on sea.

Comment

You are Australia based ? Where ?
                  God no. Australian migration is so 1990s.

I'm semi-retired in the med. And today it is bl00dy boiling.

Comment

Thanks,
                    I'm planing to make international sailing ceritificate (I think it's up to 15m ) down in cornwall. Involves 5 days on sea.
                    What qualifications/experience do you currently have?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                      God no. Australian migration is so 1990s.

I'm semi-retired in the med. And today it is bl00dy boiling.
                      So which area do you recommend in AUS? Business/ beaches/ contracting and weather (so melbourne doesnt tick the last requirement)

What qualifications/experience do you currently have?
                      None except for an unfulfilled dream. I feel it will be relaxing me greatly.

Comment

Working...
                      X