• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliamentary Election Latest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parliamentary Election Latest

MARINE Le Pen’s Front National party looks to be running into trouble ahead of the crunch vote this weekend.

After her bitter defeat last month to Emmanuel Macron, France’s youngest youngest president, she is hopping to claw back some political muscle.

Following the national elections which saw Mr Macron’s and his En Marche! party sweep to victory, legislative elections are now underway to fill the country’s 577 members of the national assembly.

Mr Macron’s party is widely tipped to clinch a landslide number of seats, with Front National’s (FN) chances of winning even 15 seats - the threshold to form a parliamentary group - looking slim.

Fighting for her political career, Marine Le Pen’s campaign has been dogged by claims of racist online behaviour from FN members, throwing the party’s future into doubt.
    Le Pen's political career in peril as Macron surges ahead in polls | World | News | Express.co.uk
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

I think whats happening is people are watching Trump and getting scared - the reality of populist demagoguery and getting a complete moron in power has been shown to be, er, not a good idea.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I think whats happening is people are watching Trump and getting scared - the reality of populist demagoguery and getting a complete moron in power has been shown to be, er, not a good idea.
      Yes, the Hard Brexit, Trump, Wilders, Le Pen narrative is looking a bit silly now. Could still change I suppose.

Comment

Working...
      X