• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teresa has played a blinder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teresa has played a blinder

Firstly, remember she was a Remainer. Why would she change her beliefs?
    So she's in power, makes some outrageous right-wing statements, pretends she's for a hard Brexit (which really is only supported by cretins), pretends to ignore 48% of the electorate, thus pissing them off, then calls an election she doesn't really need to.
    In the course of that election she pisses off her natural supporters with a "dementia tax", refuses to debate with anyone, and only speaks in vacuous sound bites.

Surely it's impossible for anyone to be that inept?
    So as Sherlock says "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
    She's played a blinder.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Firstly, remember she was a Remainer. Why would she change her beliefs?
    So she's in power, makes some outrageous right-wing statements, pretends she's for a hard Brexit (which really is only supported by cretins), pretends to ignore 48% of the electorate, thus pissing them off, then calls an election she doesn't really need to.
    In the course of that election she pisses off her natural supporters with a "dementia tax", refuses to debate with anyone, and only speaks in vacuous sound bites.

So as Sherlock says "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
    She's played a blinder.
    My other half and I discussed this just a few weeks ago. i.e. they were aiming to not do that well.

I believe it was done to preserve the Tory party and share responsibilities with others for Brexit.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A reader's comment in today's Guardian:

This next (brexit) phase will be fascinating.

The EU are sitting there, looking at their cards, and knowing there are only four aces, twelve pictures, and spades are trumps - of which they hold the full set.

There is no point, whatsoever, in our entering the game. The absolute best we can do is fold our hand, listen to their ambitions and plans, and either agree to cooperate with them, or walk away.

I say again, on here, they don't need us; we have nothing to offer that they can't manage without.

In fact; they have realised what a drudge anchor we have been, throughout our membership, and the sense of emancipation has illuminated their raison d'etre.

It's their Europe. They're off - and all we can do is wave from our little clifftop.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think accepting Brexit was a job pre-condition after Cameron resigned. Her attitude became harder as I think she was delusional about EU leaders and thought they'll allow a success story of Brexit !!
        As for the dementia tax, honestly I think this one is because she is childless ... for her she doesn't care what happens to her house after her death, so she thought everyone else in the same boat, but most of us with kids would like our hard earned assets to pass on to our kids, not to the state !

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I believe it was done to preserve the Tory party and share responsibilities with others for Brexit.
          If Brexit was such a good idea they wouldn't want to share it with anyone.

Seriously are there any cretins left in this country who think it would be a good idea economically?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

If Brexit was such a good idea they wouldn't want to share it with anyone.

Seriously are there any cretins left in this country who think it would be a good idea economically?
            It's terrible idea on EVERY ****** LEVEL.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
              honestly I think this one is because she is childless ... for her she doesn't care what happens to her house after her death,
              You've hit the nail on the head....

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                A reader's comment in today's Guardian:
                Stopped reading after that...............fantastical whimsy.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  I think accepting Brexit was a job pre-condition after Cameron resigned. Her attitude became harder as I think she was delusional about EU leaders and thought they'll allow a success story of Brexit !!
                  As for the dementia tax, honestly I think this one is because she is childless ... for her she doesn't care what happens to her house after her death, so she thought everyone else in the same boat, but most of us with kids would like our hard earned assets to pass on to our kids, not to the state !
                  I think that's a bit below the belt. I've heard that leveled at her a number of times over this campaign and I ,personally, don't like the tone of it.

Comment

You of all people shouldn't believe that.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X