• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa May re-signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You don't vote for the PM you vote for your local constituency MP.

The PM is decided by the party from the elected MPs.
    Although strictly speaking that is true, May made this election about her vs Jeremy.

All the Labour Party pamphlets I got in the mail were about the Labour candidate; all the Tory ones were about May, I wouldn't have the faintest idea who that actual Tory candidate was.

So, although you vote for your constituency MP, the Tory campaign tried to make this a vote for May as PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You don't vote for the PM you vote for your local constituency MP.
      I haven't the slightest idea who I voted for. Just looked down the ballot paper until I saw "Labour".

Maybe they should remove the party names from the ballot papers to spice things up for the next election.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Maybe they should remove the party names from the ballot papers to spice things up for the next election.
        +1

Here Tory Scum used dirty trick - using "national" communication from "May", but showing her on photo with local MP prospect, so I'd argue it was not national message, but local and funding for local is very much limited (to prevent other "minor" parties from getting real support).

Comment

Working...
        X