• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Civil war breaks out in the Tory Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    And what do you think might happen to those Brexit voters when they think Brexit is less of "a done deal"?

Stick with Labour?
    There'll be a hard core who vote for the Brexit party whatever.
    But if I was Jeremy Corbyn, I would be hoping that there's no election till 2022.
    He's cushty now, the party is his, internal opposition will be muted.
    All he has to do is play a waiting game till Brexit begins to really bite economically - it's beginning to do so now.
    Interesting times ahead
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      And what do you think might happen to those Brexit voters when they think Brexit is less of "a done deal"?

Stick with Labour?
      They'll vote UKIP, split the Conservative vote and let in a Labour landslide.

A lot of traditional Labour voting UKIP supporters didn't vote UKIP because they're passionate about leaving the EU, they just felt "shat" on and New Labour was Tory light, they're switching to Corbyn because he'll raise the minimum wage make Unions strong again etc etc. and all that other leftwing "cr*p". The passionate UKIP Brexiteers will desert the Tories and vote UKIP though.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
      X