• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DUP & IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Killing off UKIP, Lib Dems and weakening the SNP has kinda backfired.
    This - what would happen if some smaller parties are killed off? That helps Labour too!

Comment

The Tories going into coalition with the DUP will make the Conservatives unelectable at the next election, whenever that is. And you can be sure May wont be at the helm whenever it happens.

The whole Tory mantra of 'Vote Labour, Get SNP' - well, I'd rather the SNP to be honest, and they've created their own 'Vote Tory, get DUP' slogan. May has actually managed to create THE definition of 'coalition of chaos'.

Mayhem is being utterly foolish staying on. Despite the fact that at any other time, a 42.4% share of the vote is extremely credible, she matched Thatcher in 1983...

She didn't overestimate her own support, she got the lower end of the poll predictions. What she underestimated was how that support would be distributed (big constituency majorities are a waste of effort) and the polls never got close to predicting Corbyn's share of the vote.

However, the whole premise was to increase her majority (fail), strengthen her hand in Brexit (fail - look how she's handling the DUP), and create strong and stable government (fail) and for that reason she must go. Killing off UKIP, Lib Dems and weakening the SNP has kinda backfired.
      I predicted she'd get 315 seats.

The momentum behind Corbyn was something I've never seen in the UK.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        What about 1997?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What about 1997?
          I think it's the speed of the swell. Like bacteria growth, exponential.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I think it's the speed of the swell. Like bacteria growth, exponential.
            And who will be the penicillin?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What about 1997?

In 1997 people were fed up of the Tories.

This election people were just fed up of elections because the elite wanted the British people to do their bidding.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I predicted she'd get 315 seats.

Harold Wilson, "I'm backing Briton".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjTyFeAslpE
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The government is paralysed and will be able to do nothing other than present an unfulfillable wish list to the EU negotiators and possibly walk out of the negotiations to garner some anti EU support.
                  Yes. The government will act in its own interests - whatever they think it takes to make sure they're still the government after the next GE. Stuff the interests of the country - it's all about politicians retaining power.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The Tories going into coalition with the DUP will make the Conservatives unelectable at the next election, whenever that is. And you can be sure May wont be at the helm whenever it happens.

The whole Tory mantra of 'Vote Labour, Get SNP' - well, I'd rather the SNP to be honest, and they've created their own 'Vote Tory, get DUP' slogan. May has actually managed to create THE definition of 'coalition of chaos'.
                    Couldn't agree more. After all the fear mongering and speaking in catch phrases she has done a deal with whoever would keep her in power. So much for strong and stable.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
                      Couldn't agree more. After all the fear mongering and speaking in catch phrases she has done a deal with whoever would keep her in power. So much for strong and stable.
                      To be fair though, what else could they (the Tories) do? Another election any time soon would likely be a disaster and end up with Grandad Corbyn in control.

May's days are numbered, at least this way they have a chance to regroup and move on... Admittedly it's going to take nothing short of some miracle work with the policies and a leader with superstar charisma (does such a person exist in politics...?) to repair the damage she's caused to the party.
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X