• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As a lifelong Tory I'm disgusted with the Tory party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyone who travels much will realise the UK is looking distinctly 2nd rate in many areas and has been for a while.
    Dirty streets, terrible roads, some of the most deprived areas anywhere.
    Outside London, the country isn't at all a global player, but looks like what it is: a has-been.
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    You could say the same about large urban areas of the US, such as Detroit or Chicago.
    I think you would struggle to find a modern country that didn't have some 'second rate areas'.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Sure. If a party secures a mandate for that, how could any democrat argue otherwise? Anything is possible, but it currently seems very unlikely, given that neither major part is advocating that, or likely to do so for many years.
      It would need a big change in public opinion first.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Sure. If a party secures a mandate for that, how could any democrat argue otherwise? Anything is possible, but it currently seems very unlikely, given that neither major part is advocating that, or likely to do so for many years.
        SNP, Lib-Dems ?

There isn't much chance of a Labour majority, but a very good chance of a coalition of chaos. The SNP will be demanding a referendum for support and Labour will almost certainly give way on that. After all the prize is Unions marching up and down the county, uncollected bins etc. and Union leaders sitting in Downing street with glasses of beer. It isn't as if the Labour Brexiteers give much of a sh*t about Brexit, their manifesto is mere platitudes.

A second referendum is now almost inevitable.

be afraid, be very afraid.....
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 June 2017, 14:29.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          SNP, Lib-Dems ?

There isn't much chance of a Labour majority, but a very good chance of a coalition of chaos. The SNP will be demanding a referendum for support and Labour will almost certainly give way on that. After all the prize is Unions marching up and down the county, uncollected bins etc. and Union leaders sitting in Downing street with glasses of beer.

A second referendum is now almost inevitable.

be afraid, be very afraid.....
          One things for sure, it is a complete and utter mess!
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The country voted for Brexit, it didn't vote for chaos and poverty.
            The country did not vote for Brexit. The country did not know what it voted for such was the campaign, filled with lies. Our relationship with the EU is far too complicated to be understood in 3-months of Murdoch fuelled media rhetoric, which swaths of uninformed ilk were only too happy to lap up like a thirsty puppy who'd not seen water for several days. Plenty were warned of the fallout only to be ignore it as scare mongering.

The damage is not over. It has just begun.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The country did not vote for Brexit. The country did not know what it voted for such was the campaign, filled with lies. Our relationship with the EU is far too complicated to be understood in 3-months of Murdoch fuelled media rhetoric, which swaths of uninformed ilk were only too happy to lap up like a thirsty puppy who'd not seen water for several days. Plenty were warned of the fallout only to be ignore it as scare mongering.

The damage is not over. It has just begun.
              What a load of rubbish and wishful thinking.

We did know what Brexit would entail, including most likely a bit of turmoil (though nowhere near as much as Remainer scaremongers, including some Tory ministers and most media pundits, would have had us believe), and I'm confident most Brexit voters would still vote the same way again.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

We did know what Brexit would entail, including most likely a bit of turmoil (though nowhere near as much as Remainer scaremongers, including some Tory ministers and most media pundits, would have had us believe), and I'm confident most Brexit voters would still vote the same way again.
                They probably will, but there will also probably be a whole load of young voters who will turn up at the next one.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I lost count of the people on youtube who were surprised. Most just wanted to attack the elite and you full well know it.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I lost count of the people on youtube who were surprised. ...
                    Practically everyone was surprised. I was pleasantly surprised. But being surprised doesn't mean being anti!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

As a lifelong Labour voter 'm disgusted with the Tory party

As a lifelong Labour voter I've always been disgusted with the Tories.

Arrogant and complacent and it cost the them the election.

I haven't seen anything yet to say they have changed. A supremely dangerous deal with the DUP will blow up in their faces and In suspect May will be gone by the end of the month. The beginning of the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X