• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As a lifelong Tory I'm disgusted with the Tory party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a lifelong Tory I'm disgusted with the Tory party

Looking after the Tory party first and not the national interest is just plain wrong.
    What this election has shown is that a substantial portion of this country does not agree with Teresa's May's rhetoric and approach.
    The first thing the Tories should do is form a cross-party negotiating team for Brexit.
    This is too important an issue for ideas to come from just one party - it's akin to a national emergency.
    And frankly the extremists should be ignored.
    By pandering to the right-wing extremists, May released the spectre of the opposite, left-wing extremists.
    That's how it always plays out in history. Extremism breeds extremism.
    Abandon the centre at your peril.
    The country voted for Brexit, it didn't vote for chaos and poverty.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I think one German politician over the weekend said that the UK is heading to be the first, first world country to end up as a failed state.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      And frankly the extremists should be ignored.
      I agree, but that applies to left wing extremists and Remainers too (I mean, extremist Remainers ).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I agree, but that applies to left wing extremists and Remainers too (I mean, extremist Remainers ).
        Agreed. Brexit has to go ahead, let's get the best deal possible.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Could not agree more. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sasguru again.

I wonder if we shall soon hear a "crisis. What crisis?" speech like Jim Callaghan.

To get Thatcher we had to go through Heath. Heath=Cameron. However May is more like Callaghan than Thatcher.

Is May the worst Labour prime minister ever?

I hope that the interests of the country come first. Realistically no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I think one German politician over the weekend said that the UK is heading to be the first, first world country to end up as a failed state.
            Was that not the UK in the 1970s?

It seems we are heading back there. Its been downhill so Major took over.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Britain is ahead in the historical cycle - the first country to industrialise, it was also the first country to post-industrialise (i.e. to move on to a predominantly services-based economy, with a relatively tiny manufacturing sector), the current banana-republic chaos just prefigures the broad decline of the West in relation to a resurgent Asia.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                God forbid that we go down the extremist remain approach, and end up like Germany.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Perhaps a national unity government is needed.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What is a joke is that you vote on a manifesto, they win it, and then she decided to abandon core parts of it.

So repealling the Dementia Tax, means testing and Fox Hunting is all out.

I for one was looking forward to chasing Neil Fox around a field with a bunch of baying dogs.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X