• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The CUK Party - You got to be in it, to win it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free University education for any subject not related to IT, paid for by a £50K tariff imposed on any IT work permit.

Win-win.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Would it mean putting a bucket on your head?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Reduced tax on booze, flat screen TVs and anything football related.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          It's only £500 - a days money at minimum
          Allowable expense against Corp Tax or not?

Serious responses...

:: Repeal IR35

Probably not a good thing, shouldn't be encouraging disguised permiedom. But IR35 should be much clearer, there shouldn't be any worry of an IR35 investigation in future.

:: Cut in Corporation Tax

There is evidence that this would boost business, increase overall CT tax take, increase employment and be a good thing overall. But it is a fooking difficult sell to most people.

:: Increase Dividends

There is an argument for reducing CT but increasing Dividend Tax - encourages business investment, discourages personal greed. CT at 0% and DT at 25% (payable by the company on all dividends, rather than DT only payable if you are unlucky enough to be a UK tax paying individual) could be quite sensible. Sold to the great unwashed as a tax on fat cats.

:: Increase expenses for Limited Companies

Doesn't sound sensible

:: Remove the BTL tax penalties

eminently sensible. Why penalise people as property investors, thus encouraging property investment only from big biz rather than the ordinary (wo)man. This is because the Tories are the party of Big Biz, rather than a Small Biz economy. (Labour, of course, the party of No Biz at the moment).

If I was a sole trader crane operator and took out a £100k loan to buy a crane, I could get full tax relief on the interest cost on the finance for said crane. So why limit it on a £100k loan to buy a property?

I suspect the penalties subdued the market for larger BTLs, with less effect on smaller properties.

:: Increase pension contributions

Daft, but should just be a flat lifetime limit on contribution rather than annual limits.

:: Ban consultancies from using cheap foreign Bobs

Actually, a penalty on offshoring would be very popular - encouragement for onshoring and all that.

:: A Cap on Recruitment Agency charges

It wouldn't help us out ;-) Our clients would have more money, but still have no budget for essential projects which aren't the personal pet projects of the accountable directors. "No money to replace our Windows 2003 estate, but lets replace our Blackberries with iPhone 7s".

Though, none of this is workable. We wouldn't want the pay cut to be an MP.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

If MF becomes a MP, I bet he lasts less time than he did as a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If MF becomes a MP, I bet he lasts less time than he did as a mod.
              I'm serious. We should run next time. Twenty or so of us would get some great coverage. We could be the party of the self employed / SME.

Easy for us to create a great web presence & social media.
              A few posts on 4Chan and half the opposition sites are down :-)

Who's up for it then? If we start now by the time we get to the election we could have a good crack. Get IPSE and Admin to sponsor us. I'm sick of being told that the small self employed man is the problem and an easy touch.

Contractor UK Party. It's beginning to make sense
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm serious. We should run next time. Twenty or so of us would get some great coverage. We could be the party of the self employed / SME.

Easy for us to create a great web presence & social media.
                A few posts on 4Chan and half the opposition sites are down :-)

Who's up for it then? If we start now by the time we get to the election we could have a good crack. Get IPSE and Admin to sponsor us. I'm sick of being told that the small self employed man is the problem and an easy touch.

Contractor UK Party. It's beginning to make sense
                Which constituency do you intend to stand in? Bridgwater?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Would it mean putting a bucket on your head?
                  Only when you're trying to get a date on Tinder.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Which constituency do you intend to stand in? Bridgwater?
                    I think we should go for marginal seats. I'll take Kensington.

Comment

Only when you're trying to get a date on Tinder.
                      It worked for you on Grinder.

Comment

Working...
                      X