• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should be the next Tory leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philip Hammond
    13.64%
    Amber Rudd
    9.09%
    David Davis
    13.64%
    Sajid Javid
    9.09%
    Michael Gove
    4.55%
    Ian Duncan-Smith
    4.55%
    William Hague
    4.55%
    AndyW(aka Boris Johnson)
    40.91%

NHS staff shortages, the country becoming essentially ungovernable, sliding to the bottom of the G7, the pound collapsing (twice), Northern Ireland peace under threat, facing a united EU27 with a chaotic and unprepared negotiating team, entire industries making escape plans, farmers panicking at lost subsidies. Seems like "Project Fear" should really be renamed "Project Pretty Much Bang On."

There should be no Tory party full-stop.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      NHS staff shortages, the country becoming essentially ungovernable, sliding to the bottom of the G7, the pound collapsing (twice), Northern Ireland peace under threat, facing a united EU27 with a chaotic and unprepared negotiating team, entire industries making escape plans, farmers panicking at lost subsidies. Seems like "Project Fear" should really be renamed "Project Pretty Much Bang On."

There should be no Tory party full-stop.
      There should be no ScooterScot full stop.

Recently Scotland spoke. However no-one could understand a word they were saying(ripped from Mock The Week)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Recently Scotland spoke.
        And they delivered a SNP majority. Something no other UK party managed. What are you trying to tell me?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And they delivered a SNP majority. Something no other UK party managed. What are you trying to tell me?
          I thought I made it clear I just told you to "f**k off". However as you are at the sasguru end of CUK intelligence scale, let me put it another way.

If the SNP really want independence then put up a candidate in every UK constituency.

Comment

I think there will be a new Tory leader. The kids love Korbyn, and he comes across as likeable, honest bloke who sticks to his principles. The Tories need someone who the people relate to. I fear that may be Boris.

Personally I like Anna Soubry - I heard her 'in action' at the IPSE policy conference and she was very impressive. But she is an adamant Bremainer which may be a problem.

150/1 at Bet365 - got to be worth a fiver.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I think there will be a new Tory leader. The kids love Korbyn, and he comes across as likeable, honest bloke who sticks to his principles. The Tories need someone who the people relate to. I fear that may be Boris.

Personally I like Anna Soubry - I heard her 'in action' at the IPSE policy conference and she was very impressive. But she is an adamant Bremainer which may be a problem.

150/1 at Bet365 - got to be worth a fiver.
              May have been just a slight problem with paying for his promises in his manifesto
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

And they reduced the SNP seat tally by almost 40%. Something no other UK party managed, however badly they performed.
                ftfy

What are you trying to tell me?
                That your pipedream of IndyRef2 is just that.............a dream

HTH BIDI
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  We can be sure Boris dos not stick to his principles. He wanted UK to vote to remain, then when DC stepped down he was going to be the person who campaigned to leave.

The leave vote put paid to all that.

Boris is just another MP who put themselves first. Of course, as you say, people do relate to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    May have been just a slight problem with paying for his promises in his manifesto
                    Indeed, but he never thought he'd have to.

Comment

Working...
                    X