• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Britain have a Government at the moment or not ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Britain have a Government at the moment or not ?

Morning All,

I'm getting a bit confused in my old age, does Britain currently have a government or not ?

Normally, the little I know of GE's, straight after the GE the winner goes and sees the Queen and then they have a Government and off they go

Correct me if I am wrong, we seem to be in some kind of twilight zone with no definitive timeline

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning All,

I'm getting a bit confused in my old age, does Britain currently have a government or not ?

Normally, the little I know of GE's, straight after the GE the winner goes and sees the Queen and then they have a Government and off they go

Correct me if I am wrong, we seem to be in some kind of twilight zone with no definitive timeline

Milan.
    Welcome to the lives of EU nationals since the referendum. It's not going to get better.
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

We have a strong and stable government.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
        Welcome to the lives of EU nationals since the referendum. It's not going to get better.
        yes, understood, but there's a pecking order here, and the British nationals would like to know if they have a government or not

Milan.

Comment

yes, understood, but there's a pecking order here, and the British nationals would like to know if they have a government or not

Milan.
          Possibly not.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Once the goat skin is dry
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

All the evidence is that having a government is a bad idea. We're much better off as things are.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Once the goat skin is dry
                Is that scapegoat?
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Yes, we do. Until a new government can be formed, the current / previous government remains in power.

Any party that can command a commons majority on votes of confidence and supply forms the government, but we won't have a parliament until after the official opening (whenever that may be). In the meantime, we have a government led by Theresa May, whatever happens.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Going to be interesting if Sinn Fein decide to take up their seats at Westminster.

Link

Comment

Working...
                    X