• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off in Munich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The suspect is a native German. So probably doesn't have a Norwegian name.

I'm beginning to suspect that not all violent crimes are carried out by Muslim extremists, whether home-grown or immigrant. Shocking, I know.
    Maybe we are just being a little over sensitive, is shooting of a police officer and a number of other people very common in Germany?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

**** all to do with immigrants or Muslims which will annoy some people here...

https://www.thelocal.de/20170613/pol...lm-for-caution
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        **** all to do with immigrants or Muslims which will annoy some people here...

https://www.thelocal.de/20170613/pol...lm-for-caution
        Seems to. We have the usual suspects trying to justify their assumption that it must have been a Muslim extremist. Because of course, non-Muslims never commit crime.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Maybe we are just being a little over sensitive, is shooting of a police officer and a number of other people very common in Germany?
        Hasn't even the basic decency to admit that the intial knee-jerk reaction was wrong. Nasty little tulip that he is.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seems to. We have the usual suspects trying to justify their assumption that it must have been a Muslim extremist. Because of course, non-Muslims never commit crime.

Hasn't even the basic decency to admit that the intial knee-jerk reaction was wrong. Nasty little tulip that he is.
          I asked was he Native german? Its about all they normally tell you. If he was there its unlikely he is a british national front member on the rampage or an ISIS infiltrator. He may have been called Hans, radicalised and dreaming of 72 AssGurus in heaven but I never suggested that.

I suggested it was drugs as mentioned in your link, google translate does mangle it a bit. Which does seem to be likely, most British shootings seem to either be Drug, Gang related or lone nutters. Islamist terrorists seem to like bombs, trucks & knives maybe they are easier to come by?

Maybe I am wrong but this seems a little unusual I don't normally hear about shootings in Germany, which is why I said is it common? You seem to be defending it and suggesting being interested means I think its a Muslim plot. Raoul Moat was significantly unusual that I remember it and tried to understand the motivation. As was this:

Thusha Kamaleswaran shooting: Why were gunmen not behind bars | Daily Mail Online

Not sure what YOU THINK I thought. You however seem to have filled in the Blanks and accused me without cause. Not the first time old chap, I expect an apology!

It seems pretty clear the German police believe it not to be a terrorist incident despite their previous repeated duplicity as it is not sexual assault I am prepared to believe them. Though maybe the DUP have them fooled?

I just didn't know what it was, so I asked questions without drawing too many conclusions.

Comment

I just didn't know what it was, so I asked questions without drawing too many conclusions.
            RTFM! If more people actually got off of their fat arses and researched subjects that they know nothing about then maybe the world wouldn't be in such a sorry state
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

...accused me without cause. Not the first time old chap, I expect an apology!
              Really? Well you're not getting one. If you post like a racist xenophobe, it's hardly surprising if accusations* of being a racist xenophobe come your way.
              Your protestations of innocence are highly suspect.

* Statements implying that perhaps xenophobia is the motivating factor
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                RTFM! If more people actually got off of their fat arses and researched subjects that they know nothing about then maybe the world wouldn't be in such a sorry state
                I did read the papers in the UK, there was little information in them I hoped our german colleagues had more. They did a clear statement that it wasn't terrorism and it was drug related.

Comment

Really? Well you're not getting one. If you post like a racist xenophobe, it's hardly surprising if accusations* of being a racist xenophobe come your way.
                  Your protestations of innocence are highly suspect.

* Statements implying that perhaps xenophobia is the motivating factor
                  Sorry for believing we are currently in difficult times because of unmanaged immigration and Islamist fundamentalism. You carry on believing that all "asylum seekers" that get to Europe are noble despite the evidence, I will carry on believing we should fix their problems close to home. You carry on believing ISIS don't mean you harm I will carry on believing that they hate our civilisation and want to wipe it out.

I wasn't particularly keen on the troubles either, I also disliked animal rights groups perpetrating terrorist activities and despite thinking hunting is pointless and cruel I dislike hunt saboteurs. They would be the white middle class ones so I can't hate them can I?

so no Xenophobia isn't the motivating factor. Is your assumption that people you disagree with you only judge by colour helpful to you? Because it certainly isn't to me. Its a lot more complicated.

Comment

...and so we can see that Islamic terrorism has defeated some on here already.
                    As soon as anything bad happens, certain posters immediately try to find ways of linking it to IS, because that is what those posters want to believe.

If you are always looking for the evidence (before it exists or where it doesn't exist), then the terror is in your mind. That's why I say they have defeated you.

and it's very easy to defeat people who want to believe they are being terrorised all the time and who spend there time ingesting media feeds that tell them it.

24hr "news" (most of which is comment/speculation) makes this sort of terrorism very easy to spread. If one person/paper gets a message out early that terrorism is the cause of something (or as is common on here, implying it without directly stating it), then it takes far more to be able to conclusively prove they are wrong, and even then, the same person/paper will come back a few days later with a similar story, and again not care that they are imagining it/making it up.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

so if you see something that looks like it you ask questions.

Of course if as we have experienced before when the authorities deny any involvement of certain factions you get suspicious. Some people on here like to believe that without question.

As I said is policemen being shot in Germany common? Is it Drugs related?
                      I am sort of glad it isn't terrorism, the continent seems to have gone quiet while they attack the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X