• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury - weather forecast good so far!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Aren't you rather missing the point of Glastonbury?

If it doesn't rain, you won't be able to wallow around in a foot of mud pretending to have a great time!

That reminds me, I drove through there a couple of weeks ago and saw some potted Glastonbury thorns on sale. So once all the festival kerfuffle is over I may return and buy some.
    Not me - its crap if it rains!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      After last years nightmare, if it rains this year I'm going to retire.

Although this year, glamping it a bit. 2 nights in travelodge, drive home to drop DD home Friday night, then two nights in tent. After last year the caravan went up for sale days afterwards.....

Also, not being so tight and coming home monday now not sunday night. Didn't work out tell last year mind - getting towed out of field and getting home at 5am. (I did get into client - 90 mins away - by midday though).

Anyone else going?

Best tip - imodium and lots of it. You do not want to have the sh*ts at glastonbury. Take it from me - I know. Sh*tting yourself at glasto should be on everyones bucket list though!
      It's clear from your username and your tactical use of Imodium, that you have actually shat yourself in a field with 5000 people dancing around you, haven't you?.

Comment

Last time I went there in 1987, the main acts were Elvis Costello, Van Morrison and the Communards.

It was crap

Probably much better these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Last time I went there in 1987, the main acts were Elvis Costello, Van Morrison and the Communards.

It was crap

Probably much better these days.
          Not the bands. Being old etc.

But I do really like glasto. Its pretty neat. To be honest we spend a lot of the time doing other stuff - like comedy/circus tent etc. The pyramid stage (main stage) get mega rammed - its just nuts at times.

Comment

Not the bands. Being old etc.

But I do really like glasto. Its pretty neat. To be honest we spend a lot of the time doing other stuff - like comedy/circus tent etc. The pyramid stage (main stage) get mega rammed - its just nuts at times.
            Are you practicing your routine on here
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Are you practicing your routine on here
              Tell you what reckon I could do it.

As for the circus tent, I've got a good trick I could do with one of my body parts.....

(Remember last year lying on the floor watching some woman in the circus tent on stage. Bit pissed on the cider, having a kip. Next thing I see - all clothes off - part of the act. Woke me up I can tell you).

Comment

Tell you what reckon I could do it.

As for the circus tent, I've got a good trick I could do with one of my body parts.....

(Remember last year lying on the floor watching some woman in the circus tent on stage. Bit pissed on the cider, having a kip. Next thing I see - all clothes off - part of the act. Woke me up I can tell you).
                Your ears, obviously
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Its going to be hot !!!!!!!

Will be nice. It was CRAP last year in the mud. Complete nightmare. Foot of mud pretty much everywhere... If you could buy rain insurance and cancel if it was forecast I'd give it a miss every time.

Took hours to get caravan towed out of the field.....

Comment

Working...
                  X