• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax Clarity card - £500 limit - whats the point?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    MM - are you married then?

If so, dont tell me you're one of those with separate bank accounts?
    Not in a legal sense, but as close as I have ever been to it 5 years+.

She actually owns the flat I'm sat in now.
    She contracts sometimes, so has her own income as well.

We don't have a joint bank account, she was quite happy to leave things as they are, even though I offered one

But....a totally independent woman for many years, so as SE says "Different strokes for different folks" I guess
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've had a Clarity card for yonks with a £5000 limit, for the £5 cashback. Used to spend as little over £300 on it per month (the rest on a Barclaycard giving 0.5% on Visa and 1% on Amex). Since they dropped the £5 reward, I maintain the card by making one tiny tiny tiny tiny transaction on it per month.

Since I've been renovating me house, the cashback on my Barclaycard over the past year has literally been enough to buy... Actually, £150 doesn't get you far now does it.

Ironic that the money I spend earns me more than the money I save!
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        But....a totally independent woman for many years, so as SE says "Different strokes for different folks" I guess
        Not having a joint account doesn't seem to have hurt my in-laws who have been married for nearly 40 years. Not having separate bank accounts doesn't seem to have hurt my parents who have been married nearly 40 years.

Having someone who understands the value of things is priceless though.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Not having a joint account doesn't seem to have hurt my in-laws who have been married for nearly 40 years. Not having separate bank accounts doesn't seem to have hurt my parents who have been married nearly 40 years.

Indeed.

I consider myself very lucky in that regard
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Just ask Brillo.

Comment

I got one of these two year back when I took the family to DW, Orlando.

My limit was 3K IIRC.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                I got one of these two year back when I took the family to DW, Orlando.

My limit was 3K IIRC.

qh
                Guessing you have a decent income.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Guessing you have a decent income, an unworn sofa and don't regularly watch Jeremy Kyle.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Ironically, today's post brought a letter from Halifax about my Clarity card and the credit limit.

They've decided to increase it to £14500 without my asking. Who should I complain to about this worrying trend?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      FTFY

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Guessing you have a decent income, an unworn sofa and don't regularly appear on Jeremy Kyle.

Comment

Working...
                      X