• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Tower Block Inferno

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well they are still in contract? And expect to be housed? And they had insurance?

Whilst this is a tragedy the normal rules apply.
    I think the issue is some of those residents are dead or presumed dead.

K&C council have showed time and time again they are completely incompetent in dealing with this disaster - in organising anything, accepting help from other LAs and large businesses, and being open in their communication.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I think the issue is some of those residents are dead or presumed dead.
      Yes, but by some of the rumours that are on here, people should be paying rent until they prove to K&C that they are dead.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Yes, but by some of the rumours that are on here, people should be paying rent until they prove to K&C that they are dead for properties that no longer exist.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Yes, but by some of the rumours that are on here, people should be paying rent until they prove to K&C that they are dead.
          Well not wishing to be heartless but assuming those still living will be in touch about the rent it may help identifying people.

Not nice I understand but being able to identify the deceased is paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Well they are still in contract? And expect to be housed? And they had insurance?

Whilst this is a tragedy the normal rules apply.
            ’And the Union workhouses.’ demanded Scrooge. ‘Are they still in operation?’

Comment

Grenfell fire: MP calls for inquiry chairman to quit - BBC News

Some residents seem to want to lynch anyone and everyone. They would be better off focusing on what went wrong, what lessons can be learnt and how this can be stopped from happening again. The judge sounds very well qualified for that.

I suppose if I was affected, I would feel the same. For the whole of the UK, we need some objectivity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Grenfell fire: MP calls for inquiry chairman to quit - BBC News

Some residents seem to want to lynch anyone and everyone. They would be better off focusing on what went wrong, what lessons can be learnt and how this can be stopped from happening again. The judge sounds very well qualified for that.

I suppose if I was affected, I would feel the same. For the whole of the UK, we need some objectivity.
                They have a right to lynch their councillors, some of the staff in the local council and the building contractors.

Oh and the government was initially trying to limit the scope of the inquiry to avoid exactly what you are pointing out needs to be examined. Remember the initial Hillsborough inquests had a cut off time of 3.15pm after which evidence of serious injury and death was ignored even though the emergency service staff on the ground were pointing out some people who later died were alive then.
                Last edited by SueEllen; 4 July 2017, 11:42.

Comment

They have a right to lynch their councillors, some of the staff in the local council and the building contractors.
                  Clearly I have missed a couple of pieces of news. Firstly that those people are guilty. Secondly that lynching became an allowable punishment. Except for anyone on CUK who criticizes a mod that is.

Oh and the government was initially trying to limit the scope of the inquiry to avoid exactly what you are pointing out needs to be examined. Remember the initial Hillsborough inquests had a cut off time of 3.15pm after which evidence of serious injury and death was ignored even though the emergency service staff on the ground were pointing out some people who later died were alive then.
                  "We need somebody who can actually understand human beings as well and what they've been through." . That won't change the past. Though hopefully when the facts are known it will change the law on various matters.

Comment

Originally posted by brillopad View Post
                    clearly i have missed a couple of pieces of news. Firstly that those people are guilty. Secondly that lynching became an allowable punishment. Thirdly that metaphors are not intended to be taken literally.
                    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Clearly I have missed a couple of pieces of news. Firstly that those people are guilty. Secondly that lynching became an allowable punishment. Except for anyone on CUK who criticizes a mod that is.

"We need somebody who can actually understand human beings as well and what they've been through." . That won't change the past. Though hopefully when the facts are known it will change the law on various matters.
                      We need someone who is willing to form a comprehensive truthful narrative that explains the situation & suffering and present that so Justice can be served and future loss is avoided without pandering to politicians or pressure groups.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X