• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Tower Block Inferno

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

link

Let's hope they all get out ok.

Tragically I think there will be many fatalities.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Tragically I think there will be many fatalities.
      Confirmed that there are but not the number. Very sad.

Comment

just looking at the pictures now, shocking, fatalities in the 100's i fear
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

This is where firemen earn their money.

Comment

Pretty shocking image to see when you turn on the TV in the morning.

You wouldn't catch me living in a tower block.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Pretty shocking image to see when you turn on the TV in the morning.

You wouldn't catch me living in a tower block.
              Its all they are building now in London. Loads going up round the wharf.

Comment

The guy on the TV, who managed to get out with his partner and daughter, said that he was drifting off to sleep and smelled a burning plastic smell and got up to check it thinking it could be a phone charger or something. Do they not have fire alarms? Do they have sprinklers?

He also said the advice is to stay in your flat.

It seems people are blaming the plastic cladding. They're also saying they've recently been installing gas pipes. Surely small fires break out in individual flats in blocks all the time, and don't turn into this, so there must be some other major reason why it turned out so bad.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Residents were told in a fire to stay in flat (behind fire door) with a wet towel on the floor...

The people alive ignored that advice.

Like the Korean kids on the ferry.

Use your wits, don't blindly follow... Easy to say.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Horrendous! Feels like I'm watching twin towers again. Poor souls stuck inside, and you know many didn't get out. Jump or suffer the fire - what a choice for the poor people.

Refurbished recently...... On the cheap?!?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X