• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That will teach them to vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe all conspiracy theories should be combined into one.

On second thoughts, some already do that, it's all the fault of the Jews. Or giant lizards. It all points to Zeity!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      There is some truth to this, because had the building been owned and operated by a private company with a brand, such as Virgin for example, then it is very much in the financial interest of the company to prevent fires or other similar problems from occurring. This is because of the huge loss of money resulting from the reputational damage to the company.

Whereas if the building is owned by the public sector, the inevitability of corruption and back handers results in a reduction in safety.
      No, it is very much in the interest of the freeholder to have it burnt down, claim on insurance and re-develop it a luxury flats.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        No, it is very much in the interest of the freeholder to have it burnt down, claim on insurance and re-develop it a luxury flats.
        Councils, like other public bodies, tend to self insure.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The building is still burning.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Councils, like other public bodies, tend to self insure.
            Does each council self insure individually or do they pool risk?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Does each council self insure individually or do they pool risk?
              Individually.

You can do some digging via Google to find out what types of organisations tend to self insure.

Public bodies are exempt from many laws where if you are a private company you have to have insurance.

The only other organisations* who also self-insured are bus companies. This is one reason bus companies have so many CCTV cameras on their buses.

*There are probably a few more but those where the ones I was interested in when I looked it up.

Comment

Interesting - it was known since the 90s the tower blocks were death traps https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/...205197.article

Comment

Individually.

You can do some digging via Google to find out what types of organisations tend to self insure.

Public bodies are exempt from many laws where if you are a private company you have to have insurance.

The only other organisations* who also self-insured are bus companies. This is one reason bus companies have so many CCTV cameras on their buses.

*There are probably a few more but those where the ones I was interested in when I looked it up.
                  Thanks. NHS trusts pool most risk. Non-Clinical Claims

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Thanks. NHS trusts pool most risk. Non-Clinical Claims
                    NHS trusts in England

Feck knows what they do in the rest of the UK.

I know the government departments I did work for at the time paid them separately. I checked up because I was trying to see the claim trail if I threw hot coffee or similar on someone.

Comment

I know the government departments I did work for at the time paid them separately. I checked up because I was trying to see the claim trail if I threw hot coffee or similar on someone.
                      Bloody outreach workers................all the same.................
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X