• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK omnishambles engulfs Lib Dems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance. An out-of-touch god-botherer is the last thing that the LibDems needed.

Get Vince Cable in there!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
      The Lib Dems seem to pick personable leaders (except Farron) e.g. Paddy Ashdown, Charles Kennedy even Nick Clegg; but no one stand out as at the moment as someone said above.
      Where are you, Jeremy Thorpe, now your party needs you?

Comment

Did it spread from the Tory party?

Comment

Did Atw actually throw away £10K supporting that shower of tulipe?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Good riddance. An out-of-touch god-botherer is the last thing that the LibDems needed.
            This struck me the other day when they printed the photo of Theresa May coming out of church. I thought FFS, it's 2017 and the prime minister of the UK is still singing songs to her imaginary friend.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              So who's next on the Lib Dem leadership merry-go-round? TBH I can't think of any stand-out figures in the party right now.
              This is the problem with the LibDems. I find I broadly agree with most of what they say, and have voted for them in the past, but they have a tendency to go a bit quiet and for the most part you don't have any idea who they are beyond the leader. Cable made a bit of noise in 2010, and there was the whole "I agree with Nick" incident, but who the rest of them are I couldn't tell you. And I felt Farron was decidedly luke warm.

How about RayJo? Especially if BoJo becomes PM. That'd be great.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Where are you, Jeremy Thorpe, now your party needs you?
                He fell in the sea and nearly drowned. Luckily he survived by clinging to the bottom of a small buoy.

That joke was bought to you courtesy of the 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Did it spread from the Tory party?
                  Yes. It originated from Brexit.

Comment

Another one bites the dust

Under DUP ownership now...

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Jo Swinson is the favorite.

That are Vince cable but he's too old
                      Corbyn is old.

Swinson's majority is too small.
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 14 June 2017, 20:33.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X