• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The future for oil?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Electric cars only take 5 minutes to fill up and give you a 200 mile range, then watch them sweep away petrol cars, I just don't see it happening any time soon.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      If Electric cars only take 5 minutes to fill up and give you a 200 mile range, then watch them sweep away petrol cars, I just don't see it happening any time soon.
      Tesla (according to their marketing - does anyone know better?) will give you a 170 miles from a 30 minute supercharge. If I'm driving more than 2 hours, I stop for a cup of coffee anyway, so it's closing in on workable.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        No fear of your punters gagging.
        MF may be a fatty, but he's a very obedient submissive.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          He said the same about your wife.

Comment

Tesla (according to their marketing - does anyone know better?) will give you a 170 miles from a 30 minute supercharge. If I'm driving more than 2 hours, I stop for a cup of coffee anyway, so it's closing in on workable.
            This is CUK. Everyone thinks they know better.

Comment

As long as you're both happy, who are we to judge?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                He said the same about your wife.

What's your best advice on divorce?

Comment

That's about right.

But the key difference between electric and oil fueled cars is that with an electric car you always start the day fully charged. Unless you are making a round-trip > 170 miles in a single day you won't need to be concerned about topping up.

With petrol you: Fill Up, drive, drive, drive , drive, oh I'm nearly empty, Fill Up ....

With electric you: Charge overnight, Drive, Charge overnight, Drive, Charge overnight, drive ....

It's obvious but it's a completely different mindset to what we are used to. Thinking about an electric car's range in the same way as you would with a petrol/diesel car is misleading.

I would imagine that for most people doing a regular commute of 20 - 30 miles each way an electric car would be ideal.

Comment

What's your best advice on divorce?
                    Same as voting: early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      That's about right.

But the key difference between electric and oil fueled cars is that with an electric car you always start the day fully charged. Unless you are making a round-trip > 170 miles in a single day you won't need to be concerned about topping up.

With petrol you: Fill Up, drive, drive, drive , drive, oh I'm nearly empty, Fill Up ....

With electric you: Charge overnight, Drive, Charge overnight, Drive, Charge overnight, drive ....

It's obvious but it's a completely different mindset to what we are used to. Thinking about an electric car's range in the same way as you would with a petrol/diesel car is misleading.

I would imagine that for most people doing a regular commute of 20 - 30 miles each way an electric car would be ideal.
                      Tesla is interesting. I spotted a planning notice of a Tesla supercharging point at a motorway service station in the West of Ireland. They're obviously investing in infrastructure.

Comment

Working...
                      X