• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greedy is fine, thick is fine, but greedy and thick ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greedy is fine, thick is fine, but greedy and thick ..

.. is a fatal combination!

2017-06-15 Lottery sales down by £670million in 2016 after controversial changes cut the chance of winning the jackpot

Lottery sales down by £670million in 2016 after controversial changes cut the chance of winning the jackpot

Sales of lottery tickets slumped by £670million last year after changes to system

The drop meant its donations to health, education and sport fell by some £273m

In 2015 Camelot boosted the number of Lotto balls, reducing chances of winning

Total sales of Lotto and Euromillions tickets in the year were down by £620m
    I remember remarking here back then how inevitable this outcome seemed, and someone pointed out that the stupidity of lottery ticket buyers was boundless and the increased number of rollovers would encourage punters to buy even more tickets despite the greatly reduced odds of winning.

But it seems the ticket buyers aren't so dumb after all, and the thread title refers to the greed and stupidity of Camelot!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Indeed it went from 1 in 14 million to 1 in 45 million..

Although the chance of winning a prize with the introduction of a lucky dip for matching 2 meant the odds of winning a price went from 1in 54 to about 1 in 9.

Comment

They claimed that bigger jackpots = more publicity. Even if true is a disgrace.

The odds should be reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        .. is a fatal combination!

2017-06-15 Lottery sales down by £670million in 2016 after controversial changes cut the chance of winning the jackpot

I remember remarking here back then how inevitable this outcome seemed, and someone pointed out that the stupidity of lottery ticket buyers was boundless and the increased number of rollovers would encourage punters to buy even more tickets despite the greatly reduced odds of winning.

But it seems the ticket buyers aren't so dumb after all, and the thread title refers to the greed and stupidity of Camelot!
        The drop meant its donations to health, education and sport fell by some £273m
        So what? That's a mere five or six days worth of the additional funding the NHS will be receiving post-Brexit.

Comment

When I read the header I though this thread was about the Tory party!
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            So what? That's a mere five or six days worth of the additional funding the NHS will be receiving post-Brexit.
            Jesus, can't you forget about Brexit for just one thread?!

Back on topic, it isn't only the jackpot odds that have increased.

The price per line has doubled, and I believe is soon due to increase even more.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              When I read the header I thought this thread was about diseasex!
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Jesus, can't you forget about Brexit for just one thread?!
                You should be proud to be reminded so regularly of how you've turned the country around.

Comment

If you buy a lottery ticket with the expectation of winning you should be pooing your pants every time you take a flight, since the chances are greater of your dying in a flight than winning the lottery.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    If you buy a lottery ticket with the expectation of winning you should be pooing your pants every time you take a flight, since the chances are greater of your dying in a flight than winning the lottery.
                    Yeh, agreed, total idiots.

They should stake their money on safer bets, like a Tory election win
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X