• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tories would be mad to call an election now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    They're splurging your cash on a leadership election. You should have got yourself better trim / features.
    Why not have both?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Why not have both?
      Good idea. No point holding sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I wouldn't encourage him. He's enough of a smart ass as it is!
        ...says the dumb ass.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I voted Lib Dem in a Tory/ Lib Dem marginal the fecking Tory won. I blame older Labour voters who should have known better that they needed to vote tactically. The students who actually bothered to vote this time I can just about forgive....
          You say that...but everyone was saying my constituency (Colchester) was a Tory/Lib Dem marginal based on previous election results. Labour do OK in local elections here but haven't had any real impact at a GE since the 70s.

However there did seem to be an impression that the tide was turning against the Lib Dems due to their poor selection of candidate (the same guy who's been in power for the last few decades and lost last time). I was all set to vote LD tactically (and begrudgingly) but ended up voting Labour and as it turns out, Labour ended up massively beating the LDs into second place. The Tories only have a majority of 5000 and I wouldn't be surprised to see Labour pick up more votes here in another election.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Fook it - I am going to contact Elon Musk see if there are any 1 way tickets to mars.
            Yay

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...isation-vision

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X