• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yougov opinion poll - favourability ratings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yougov opinion poll - favourability ratings

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/15/...campaign-corb/

Ouch!

The Tories have a choice, either they do a complete U-Turn and go back to being what they were before, shaping a pro-European position or they end up as right-wing splinter party vainly trying to oppose a hugely dominant leftwing Labour government.

I've always figured this was a likely alternative and in fact I think posted even before the referendum that the ensuing economic mess of Brexit would result in a backlash against the inevitable austerity and the election of a Corbyn government as the land of "Milk and Honey" failed to materialise.

I think a Brexit Britain will be a leftwing country, similar to the 1960's and 1970's with strong unions and protected industries, power cuts and rubbish being left in the streets.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The Tories have a choice, either they do a complete U-Turn and go back to being what they were before, shaping a pro-European position or they end up as right-wing splinter party vainly trying to oppose a hugely dominant leftwing Labour government.

I've always figured this was a likely alternative and in fact I think posted even before the referendum that the ensuing economic mess of Brexit would result in a backlash against the inevitable austerity and the election of a Corbyn government as the land of "Milk and Honey" failed to materialise.

I think a Brexit Britain will be a leftwing country, similar to the 1960's and 1970's with strong unions and protected industries, power cuts and rubbish being left in the streets.
      Indeed. Though there would be some good side effects. Depressions cause the gaps between rich and poor to narrow(the rich suffer far worse than the poor). Inflation will help out young people.

Though it will be mostly bad.

IMO May should throw caution to the wind and slash corporation tax, build power stations and end immigration. She has nothing to lose. Most people now feel sorry for her....

Comment

It really is quite remarkable how much May stuffed this all up. With the slightest of effort on her campaign she could've guaranteed a majority, though probably a small one due to JC's increasing popularity.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It really is quite remarkable how much May stuffed this all up. With the slightest of effort on her campaign she could've guaranteed a majority, though probably a small one due to JC's increasing popularity.
          I don't see how she could. She wanted to "do stuff" so she put it in the manifesto, and she's a sh*te campaigner. There was no other outcome for the election than the one she got, given who she is. To win the campaign she would have needed a personality transplant. It would have happened at whatever election she would have called.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X