• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iMac Pro - these things are going to sell like hotcakes^tm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMac Pro - these things are going to sell like hotcakes^tm

December can't come soon enough. €10k on standby...

18 cores! That should help with my excel sheets models, they can be so demanding.

https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    December can't come soon enough. €10k on standby...

18 cores! That should help with my excel sheets models, they can be so demanding.

https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/
    All you need is one of these....

....and then you're all set for a productive day in front of your new PC....

Comment

Xeon 18 core processor has gr8 reviews

I do like Mac, and fantastic screens.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Should have gotten PC with AMD EPIC!

Comment

You could probably get two 18-core i9s for the price of that Xeon, plus you can overclock them. IMO, Macs don't really stack-up for anyone that wants serious performance and is willing to build their own (or have someone do it). They're pretty though, which is nice.

Comment

hmm, well 18 cores going full beans on that I'd be worried about the heat, doesn't look to clever on the dissipation side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
              hmm, well 18 cores going full beans on that I'd be worried about the heat, doesn't look to clever on the dissipation side of things.
              Agreed, cooling looks a bit Mickey Mouse. I'd want a liquid cooled full tower

Comment

They are clocked very lowly - just above 2 Ghz

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  They are clocked very lowly - just above 2 Ghz
                  That sounds pretty poor, treacle (relatively speaking) for single-thread programs and less than impressive for long cooks at max load?

Comment

That sounds pretty poor, treacle (relatively speaking) for single-thread programs and less than impressive for long cooks at max load?
                    Single thread is a easy - hig turbo, but 18 core CPU meant for parallel software

Comment

Working...
                    X