• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Remainer daily circle jerk today? What's up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Nine oclock on a nice sunny day, and no sign of blasterbates, sas, scooter, etc. Are they ill or something?

Wakey wakey! - Time to get uuuup!

What's the Brexit doom for today?

Oh well, here's a link to be gong on with:

2017-06-16 ECJ boosts prospect of Brexit deal
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    They have a life on this bright and sunny day?
    - you do know what you've done there owly.

To be honest, the 'Brexit is a car crash argument' is won now. All that remains is to enjoy the spectacle and poke fun at the cretins.

Comment

My own personal view is that its going to happen or at least there will be an outcome that will be decided after March 2019, so why bother to argue the facts now?

From a local point of view here in Germany this is what the press are saying (Translated by GF) :

Germany is already seeing a decline in trade with the UK due to the low value of the pound, far more than the damage any tariff would do and I expect that this is the same for all EU countries that export to the UK, therefore a good deal would be one that rises the pound, not one that involves tariffs.

Also this particular commentator doesn't see the EU agreeing in a transition deal as all 27 countries have to agree on that and that rarely happens, not saying it wont but would be almost unprecedented if it did.

There wont be any single market or custom's unions deals so the expectation here is that the cliff edge will happen and that the pound will sink and then go back up again as the news disperses.

My bet is that the UK will not go out on a cliff edge and therefore will do some form of soft Brexit where we pay to stay in like Switzerland or Norway but liking the low pound as I earn in Euro and have had a big pay rise over the last year so even less reason to complain.
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
      X