• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tory party are about to split

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tory party are about to split

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So you'll be paying more personal tax _and_ your share of the tax increase on the multinational corps, which they'll pass on entirely to their mug customers.

And Labour will still manage to piss away what little extra revenue this brings in (for short a while, before the megacorps work round it).
    What's the alternative?

Fox hunting?

No thanks.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Polly Toynbee hits the nail on the head.

The gruadian

Whatever you think about Corbyn, the Tories are simply unfit to govern.

I don't think Polly has ever hit anything on the head, except perhaps herself.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I don't think Polly has ever hit anything on the head, except perhaps herself.
        possibly, possibly but I think that old veteran Michael Heseltine has:

Michael Heseltine - Hard Brexit completely dead

When Hard Brexit is dead and you end up with "Soft Brexit", what is the difference between that and membership, except for the fact that you've thrown away your influence. That is a debate that is probably going to be had.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          possibly, possibly but I think that old veteran Michael Heseltine has:

Michael Heseltine - Hard Brexit completely dead

When Hard Brexit is dead and you end up with "Soft Brexit", what is the difference between that and membership, except for the fact that you've thrown away your influence. That is a debate that is probably going to be had.

Good ol' Hezza. He'll come to terms with it eventually. Or not. One or the other. In the mean time, I do enjoy the shifting sands of terminology surrounding "soft".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Odd how the posters who don't live in the country have the most to say about it all.
            Maybe they're just sad at seeing their homeland that they possibly wanted to return to at sometime, go to the dogs...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How it will all look:

This is what a Norway-style soft Brexit might actually look like | The Independent

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I thought it was Switzerland last week? Is this the headless chicken of remain?

Comment

Working...
                X